Six Month Review: Overall Not Bad At All
By bobbichen on
2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
I purchased this as a preowned unit with about 22k on it, last June. Initially, I had transmission issues like most spoke of. I was advised that the upgraded fluid had been installed at build. I had to go through several rounds of software "flash" upgrades before the harsh shifting calmed down. It still is there a bit in 2nd and 3rd, but is much better. Overall, this is a terrible vehicle to buy new but for late model used, purchased at wholesale, it is actually quite good. If the tranny fails I have a five year warranty and I drive about 7.5k a year so I'm not worried about miles. Interior is quite good, stereo very decent, and leather seats are comfy. Gas milege mediocre.
Favorite Features
Leather seats, stereo, storage compartment in rear floor.
Suggested Improvements
Transmission is rough and this needs to be a focus area. Engine is more powerful than it needs to be. 210 to 220 hp would be fine for most purposes and would improve mileage. Vehicle is a bit overpowered with a 275 hp V6 like some others in this general category (including Rav 4). Stereo speakers are a weak point with Hyundai in my opinion. A few extra dollars in this area would yield big improvements in sound quality most likely.