Used 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:

Nice car, terrible mileage
By susanjb1

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I got this car in March 2010. It is extremely comfortable and has great standard features like heated leather seats. Looks like a much more expensive car on the inside. I have had several minor mechanical problems that needed fixing, which is annoying but not fatal. The worst thing about the car is the terrible mileage it gets. It says 20/28 - I have never even come close to 28 on the highway even with total highway driving and driving conservatively. The best you can hope for is about 18/21 and that's driving conservatively. How they got the EPA rating they have on this car is a mystery.

leather seats, blue interior lighting, heated seats, Nav (though it's not perfect)

Improve the mileage!! Get a better NAV system that won't send driver to wrong location and say "you have arrived." Also quick return button to get back to NAV when listening to music would be nice - takes several button pushes now.

Too good to be true?
By geni1

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I'm sad to report that I'm having the same transmission issues that others seem to be having and that is rough shifting (a definite "THUMP" into gear) from 1-2 when the engines cold. Has happened on rare occasions from 2-3 and 3-4. Shifting is fine when car is warm up. Just had transmission "reset" by dealer for 2nd time yesterday, but it thumped softly this morning. Bought the car in May & don't think this started until the weather turned cold at night in the fall.

The tran. problem is very disappointing. My hub. and I love the car. It's a pleasure to drive and I'd hate to have to do battle with the dealer, but we will if necessary. We tend to drive cars for a very long time and this one needs to last!!

Great except for the transmission
By 2010_santa_fe

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased our Santa Fe after driving at least 8 competing models and the Santa Fe was way above the compting models. The Santa Fe V6 has plenty of power, decent MPG, rides pretty smoothly, and has lots of extras at a good price. The problem is it's transmission. It started having shifting problems at about 3k miles and we took it in and they reset the tranny. The problem was gone for a while and then gradually returned. We took it back to the dealer and the replaced the tranny at about 7k miles. Now it's been reset again, then reprogrammed and now I'm taking back to the dealer again for the fifth time Jan 10. There are lots of posts about tranny problems on Santa Fe forums now too.

XM Radio, Powerfull V6, Roomy Interior, Smooth Ride.

Fix the transmission shifting problems.

Defective Transmisson
By Anonymous

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Very Comfortable car nice ride on long trips. Developed a transmission problem on occation transmission bangs into 3 gear when driving in town or traffic had to dealer numerous times explain how to duplicate but dealer refuse to give time to test drive for it to occure! Then you get unable to duplicate. Wife refuses to take a new car into the city. This is not the only car this is happening to.

verycomfortable, handles nicely

Repair the transmission before it causes problems throughout the drive train

2010 Santa Fe Lemon-
By DA

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After great reviews I took a chance on a Hyundai Santa Fe 2010. Ran great until about 7000 miles. That's when I noticed oil on my garage floor. Had the problem (timing chain cover)"fixed". Four days later it is leaking worse than ever. I can't wait to hear what the problem is this time. Also, intermittent transmission issues. Hyundai customer service no help yet. I will never buy a Hyundai again. I wish I would have done better research when I bought this vehicle. Please do yourself a favor if you are reading this review trying to decide on a purchase...do not buy a Hyundai. I fell like I threw $22000 out of the window and I'm sure it won't last 100K. I should have bought a gm. :-(

None now. I detest just looking at it.

Quality of Engine. Consumer service.

• SUV