Used 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Hyundai Santa-fe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:

Defective transmissions and poor ride
By dbqfan

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had the transmission replaced twice in my 2010 Santa Fe. The new transmission has the same problems and Hyundai will not fix it. They have to "replicate" the problem which is there way of not fixing it. I have never had a car with this many problems in 50 years of buying cars. The dealer is just as bad as Hyundai. The vehicle has many squeaks and rattles which shows poor build quality. The GPS unit is useless in cold weather as you can not see the screen. This is the last non American car I will buy. Poor quality as the floor carpet is just cardboard covered with a poor quality fuzzy material.

Favorite Features

The only thing I like about this car is the color.

Suggested Improvements

Customer relations. I should have bought the Ford Escape that I was looking at.

Transmission Failure
By gotshafted

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

2010 gls with 34954 miles transmission went out with a bang 600 miles from home and now waiting for a replacement. Hyundai expexts me to drive 1200 miles to pick up the car when ready... UNREASONABLE !!!!! Buyers BEWARE.

Nice car, terrible mileage
By susanjb1

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I got this car in March 2010. It is extremely comfortable and has great standard features like heated leather seats. Looks like a much more expensive car on the inside. I have had several minor mechanical problems that needed fixing, which is annoying but not fatal. The worst thing about the car is the terrible mileage it gets. It says 20/28 - I have never even come close to 28 on the highway even with total highway driving and driving conservatively. The best you can hope for is about 18/21 and that's driving conservatively. How they got the EPA rating they have on this car is a mystery.

Favorite Features

leather seats, blue interior lighting, heated seats, Nav (though it's not perfect)

Suggested Improvements

Improve the mileage!! Get a better NAV system that won't send driver to wrong location and say "you have arrived." Also quick return button to get back to NAV when listening to music would be nice - takes several button pushes now.

Too good to be true?
By geni1

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I'm sad to report that I'm having the same transmission issues that others seem to be having and that is rough shifting (a definite "THUMP" into gear) from 1-2 when the engines cold. Has happened on rare occasions from 2-3 and 3-4. Shifting is fine when car is warm up. Just had transmission "reset" by dealer for 2nd time yesterday, but it thumped softly this morning. Bought the car in May & don't think this started until the weather turned cold at night in the fall.

Favorite Features

The tran. problem is very disappointing. My hub. and I love the car. It's a pleasure to drive and I'd hate to have to do battle with the dealer, but we will if necessary. We tend to drive cars for a very long time and this one needs to last!!

Great except for the transmission
By 2010_santa_fe

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased our Santa Fe after driving at least 8 competing models and the Santa Fe was way above the compting models. The Santa Fe V6 has plenty of power, decent MPG, rides pretty smoothly, and has lots of extras at a good price. The problem is it's transmission. It started having shifting problems at about 3k miles and we took it in and they reset the tranny. The problem was gone for a while and then gradually returned. We took it back to the dealer and the replaced the tranny at about 7k miles. Now it's been reset again, then reprogrammed and now I'm taking back to the dealer again for the fifth time Jan 10. There are lots of posts about tranny problems on Santa Fe forums now too.

Favorite Features

XM Radio, Powerfull V6, Roomy Interior, Smooth Ride.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the transmission shifting problems.