2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Reviews 4

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe - Consumer Reviews

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:
Pleased so far
By Hutch on 10/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My new 2010 Santa Fe has about 4000 miles on it so far. Overall I am pleased with the car but there are some things i don't like about it. The ride is very rough. From the factory the tires had 36 lbs of pressure. Dropping the pressure to 30lbs helped a lot but the ride is still stiffer than that of a 2010 Rav 4 Limited. The V6 engine is very powerful but the gas pedal has excessive lag. Step on the gas and wait a 2 seconds before the engine RPM picks up. You will find many complaints online regarding the transmission but I haven't experienced any problems yet (fingers crossed). Rav 4 would have been my first choice if it wasn't for that swing out rear door.

Service Status
By cj on 10/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Be aware the manufacture allows the local dealership to decide whether the car needs to be serviced under normal conditions or severe conditions. This could double the cost of ownership for you. This is according to a response I received from Hyundai.

Bad Transmissions
By Bad Transmissions on 10/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am extremely disappointed in my Santa Fe. I purchased this vehicle due to there popularity. I immediately noticed that the transmission was slipping and making a loud banging noise when shifting from 1st to 2nd and so forth. I have since found out that this is a huge problem with the new Santa Fe and Hyundai is doing nothing about it as far as a recall. New transmissions are replaced with ones with the same problems. The Santa Fe must need a complete trans redesign. Just Google Hyundai Transmission Problems.

Good compromise
By Richard on 10/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

There is nothing exceptional about the Santa Fe, however it looks nice, accelerates briskly, has a great warranty and gets decent fuel economy. The interior is mediocre but functional. The seats are comfortable and the ride quality is acceptable. Heated cloth seats on the SE are a bonus. Over the initial 3187 miles, I averaged 21.53 mpg with about 50% highway driving. Prior to purchasing, we test drove the Pilot, Highlander, RAV4, Murano and Forester. The Pilot and Highlander were more desirable-- but would have cost several thousand dollars extra with similar options. After the incentives, we paid $24,000 for the V-6 SE and feel like it was by far the superior value.

2010 Santa Fe Limited 3 Mos NEW
By vigs on 09/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The vehicle hesitates when I try to accelerate and sounds like slipping into gear Dealer Reset Computer 3 times. Also, Air Bag compartment is different color than dash board. Leather seat squeaks when moves. Very poor workmanship and quality highly disappointed. WOULD NOT RECOMEND ANYONE PURCHASE A SANTA FE OF ANY KIND. the dealerships just tells you thats the way it is and too bad. But I paid $30K for the vehicle and it's like a 20 yr old used car.

Watch out!
By philly331 on 09/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this car with the mindset of it being a family car for the next ten years. Now I hope I can get five. I had the car in for its first oil change and had the dealer look at the transmission since it had been shifting hard into first, second and third gear. To my surprise a week later I had a new transmission. From reading the other reviews it looks like this is a universal flaw. If you have this car I hope your dealer is as honest as mine was or you could have a big problem on your hands! To anyone thinking of buying this car don't!

Fantastic Value for the Money
By Alex on 09/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We've driven this car just over 6000 miles with 1 long trip and mostly daily commuting. The car is very solidly built. The limited V6 FWD loaded with all the options ran us just under 29K Out the Door. We found this to be a better value than every other car in it's class. The cabin is quiet on the highway. The seats are very comfortable for both my wife and I. There is plenty of storage (our previous car was an 07 Murano). We also like the cabin aesthetics. Very few vehicles in this class have fake wood grain on the dash and it's quite appealing. Overall the ride is nice, acceleration is great in the v6 and the cabin is quiet on the highway to go along with a great warranty.

Great Value and Drive too
By Robert on 09/23/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased my silver blue pearl Santa Fe SE in June. My initial ride home over 100 miles was a delight, beautiful ride vehicle felt right in my hands. I have 2000 miles on it now and its still as advertised. My avg fuel mileage is 24.7 and there is a wonderful feeling knowing it has plenty of power with the V6. Mine has the premium package really enjoy the XM and all the other features. No complaints or issues with this vehicle.

Best in Class and Price
By dracula on 09/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After 4 years of searching and researching options, I finally decided on the Hyundai. I recently took it for a short vacation trip to Helen, Ga, which is in the mountains and I was certainly glad I bought the 6 cylinder. I never had a power issue climbing the medium grade hills in that area. I got exceptional gas mileage; at least the advertised mileage but then I was not in a hurry to get there and did the posted speed limits and didn't gun it at lights or stop signs to get "of the line". It was very quiet and comfortable. The XM radio was nice, however, it did cut out along the shaded tree roads. The accelerator takes a little time to get use to. It does seem to jump a little.

Great car
By joehardware on 09/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this as an import fan, and haven't been disappointed. Have owned Acura, Mazda, and VW prior to this, and I can say that it's of equal, if not better quality, than the lot of them. Fun to drive, and the 3.5L V6 is a no brainer if you're considering this. I test drove many of the competitors in this class, and none compared value wise. 276 hp makes it a great choice if you like to experience where you're going as opposed to just getting there.