Used 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:

A really nice vehicle
By jamaicajoe

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Had this vehicle for a year now, and I really like it. Mileage could be a little better, and one annoyance is that it does not have an outside-temperature gauge. Very nice ride, particularly on the highway, lots of usable interior room, and it handles well. Brake feel is a little soft. Did have a problem with the splines on the intermediate shaft to the transmission shearing at 20,000 km, but was fixed under warranty. Our dealer treated us well, and we have since leased a 2011 Elantra from them.

Comfort, ride, looks.

Make a fuel consumption computer gauge and an outside-temperature gauge standard. The Elantra has these, and it costs $10,000 less.

Its a keeper!
By josh33172

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

So far I am very satisfied with my Santa Fe. It has been very smooth, quiet and efficient (as long as I am not mashing on the gas) and my current peak was 27.2mph. I average about 23 combined which is what I expected and is decent for AWD, the heat in S. Florida, and traffic. The ride height and visability are very helpful for observing the road. The turning radius is excellent! The AWD system really helps when its wet. I have no experience in the snow currently living in Miami, Fl, but bought this with the intentions of moving to D.C.

After doing some research I found that the AWD system is designed by BorgWarner and is the ITM3e which is the same one used by Acura's MDX SH-AWD and the Porsche 911 Twin Turbo...Google it!!! I have not read about the plagued tranny problems those are having. Granted I only have 12k miles on the vehicle. Ipod adaptor (must have for me), bluetooth, steering wheel controls are all nice, but my favorite features are in the back. The back seats actually recline which is nice for long trips. There is additional storage in the trunk. It measures about 28"x18"x12" which is handy for emergency or for me, camping gear. Also a second small one there right by the hatch for more smaller things.

I do hear a small clunking occasionally from the rear passenger side. It might actually be tools or something shifting though. Acceleration isn't the best from 45-70, but after all I did choose the I-4, and I am coming from BMWs. Off the line though, it jumps off pretty quick which is very good in traffic. The biggest improvement would be more instrument panel dimming when the head/side marker lights are off. Even the lowest setting is too bright. I just leave the side markers and/or the headlights on. Also, I wish it had 4 window automatic down/up as it only has that feature on the driverside door.

Defective transmissions and poor ride
By dbqfan

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had the transmission replaced twice in my 2010 Santa Fe. The new transmission has the same problems and Hyundai will not fix it. They have to "replicate" the problem which is there way of not fixing it. I have never had a car with this many problems in 50 years of buying cars. The dealer is just as bad as Hyundai. The vehicle has many squeaks and rattles which shows poor build quality. The GPS unit is useless in cold weather as you can not see the screen. This is the last non American car I will buy. Poor quality as the floor carpet is just cardboard covered with a poor quality fuzzy material.

The only thing I like about this car is the color.

Customer relations. I should have bought the Ford Escape that I was looking at.

Transmission Failure
By gotshafted

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

2010 gls with 34954 miles transmission went out with a bang 600 miles from home and now waiting for a replacement. Hyundai expexts me to drive 1200 miles to pick up the car when ready... UNREASONABLE !!!!! Buyers BEWARE.

Nice car, terrible mileage
By susanjb1

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I got this car in March 2010. It is extremely comfortable and has great standard features like heated leather seats. Looks like a much more expensive car on the inside. I have had several minor mechanical problems that needed fixing, which is annoying but not fatal. The worst thing about the car is the terrible mileage it gets. It says 20/28 - I have never even come close to 28 on the highway even with total highway driving and driving conservatively. The best you can hope for is about 18/21 and that's driving conservatively. How they got the EPA rating they have on this car is a mystery.

leather seats, blue interior lighting, heated seats, Nav (though it's not perfect)

Improve the mileage!! Get a better NAV system that won't send driver to wrong location and say "you have arrived." Also quick return button to get back to NAV when listening to music would be nice - takes several button pushes now.

• SUV