2010 Hyundai Santa Fe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:
2010 Santa Fe Lemon-
By DA on 12/05/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After great reviews I took a chance on a Hyundai Santa Fe 2010. Ran great until about 7000 miles. That's when I noticed oil on my garage floor. Had the problem (timing chain cover)"fixed". Four days later it is leaking worse than ever. I can't wait to hear what the problem is this time. Also, intermittent transmission issues. Hyundai customer service no help yet. I will never buy a Hyundai again. I wish I would have done better research when I bought this vehicle. Please do yourself a favor if you are reading this review trying to decide on a purchase...do not buy a Hyundai. I fell like I threw $22000 out of the window and I'm sure it won't last 100K. I should have bought a gm. :-(

Great, good looking SUV for the price
By Jackie Shroff on 11/30/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Exactly after 3 months & 3000 miles, this decent SUV is going great, love driving it, not a head-turner but great SUV for the price. Test drove Tuscon, was very tight, harsh drive and wasn't good, liked Santa Fe better. Interior is comfortable and Sonata-like (we own 2006 Sonata), turns are sharp and steering is fun. Brakes were a tad hard initially, but now they work fine. Had a few doubts about I4 engine, but it gives enough power with four adults inside and decent pick-up. In fact, had to tell a friend that its not V6. AWD is good, but will know more in winter. After reading a few complaints about transmission problems, was a bit concerned, but GLS seems to be fine. Love the BlueTooth!

A so-so vehicle
By TW on 11/18/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had the vehicle almost a year now. I think it is an okay vehicle for the price you are paying, with good features, but there are some annoying deficiencies. On the plus side, the acceleration is very good, the handling is pretty good for an SUV, the interior is above average, and you get a long list of advance features. On the negative side, the ride is a little bit harsh. There are some fit and finish issues. The rear door needs to be slammed to close properly. The rear hatch area is not aligned perfectly. Occasionally there are some annoying squeaks and rattles from various parts of the car which speak to poor build quality. So far, I haven't any transmission problems.

Jury is out
By m. smith on 11/16/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have owned my Santa Fe since 5/10 and have 15k on it since then I'm happy to say that i've not experienced any of the transmission problems others have. I do have a service appointment next week to fix a problem with the rear door locks, they stopped working when using the key fob. I'm a bit unhappy with all the doors and door hardware on this vehicle in regards to quality and am unsure how it will hold up over time (not optimistic). Other than that I'm happy with the driving experience and mpg.

Great Ride
By Corey on 11/12/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We traded in a 2005 2.0L Tucson for this vehicle. Our Tucson had been a reliable car. No probs of any kind in 5 yrs, but we had just outgrown it. And we needed more safety features (6 airbags) and a more comfortable ride. The dealer was clearing out the 2010 Santa Fes. We got a 6K rebate. Car was reduced to 23K (Canada). Car is a bargain at this price. 276 HP with 6 speed tranny. Smooth acceleration, tons of power. At 120 KM car is 2000 rpm. Quiet cabin. Lots of storage. Very much a sedan like ride. Great family car. Only had a month, but so far extremely happy. Drove the 2.4L. found it underpowered. Go with the 6 if yer considering it.

New Santa Fe problems
By rick on 11/12/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Car ride is ok but tires are noisy. AC unit goes out on hot humid days, dealer says can't replicate. Breaks squealed when new, deal said couldn't replicate. Major problem with transmission, auto trans. slips down shifting and upshifting between 20- 40 mph, bringing in next week, hoping dealer doesn't say can't replicate. Would never buy another Hyundai, will sell this one soon.

Not happy with service and Hyundai
By Susan on 11/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this car and am not happy with the car primarily bc. Hyundai refuses to address my problems with the Air Conditioner. It has a vinegar like smell and the several dealerships refuse to admit that there is a problem. I have owned several Hondas and foreign cars and never before have I met a manufacturer that won't admit to a manufacturing defect. Hyundai has an attitude of superiority starting from the sales department and heading down to the service arena. They don't know how to take care of their customers and treat them with respect and dignity; instead they make you feel as though you are imagining the problem. I will never buy another Hyundai due to lack of integrity!

Gutsy, Sharp, Eye Catcher
By Ray Ethier on 11/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

So far so good went from a Toy Camry always wanted a SUV AWD. Can't wait for snow. Choppy ride and not best gas mileage yet only 1200 miles. Comfortable and love the blue tooth. Eye catcher black in color, nice mags.

2010 Sante Fe has issues
By wex519 on 10/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Nice vehicle overall was my first impression since I was seeking a larger similar to previous crossover. I was wrong. Transmission bangs at low speeds and dealer won't acknowledge a problem. It is well documented and Hyundai must step up or count me out.

Pleased so far
By Hutch on 10/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My new 2010 Santa Fe has about 4000 miles on it so far. Overall I am pleased with the car but there are some things i don't like about it. The ride is very rough. From the factory the tires had 36 lbs of pressure. Dropping the pressure to 30lbs helped a lot but the ride is still stiffer than that of a 2010 Rav 4 Limited. The V6 engine is very powerful but the gas pedal has excessive lag. Step on the gas and wait a 2 seconds before the engine RPM picks up. You will find many complaints online regarding the transmission but I haven't experienced any problems yet (fingers crossed). Rav 4 would have been my first choice if it wasn't for that swing out rear door.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe in WA is:

$137 per month*