Used 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Consumer Reviews - 104 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:

Odor in AC
By Susan

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a Hyundai Santa Fe from Coconut Creek and complained about the odor in my car. They would not honor my warranty and wanted to charge $140 for repairs. I took it to another dealer and they used disinfectant and the smell came back. Hyundai admits the problem because they changed the ionizer to eliminate bad odors. I wouldn't buy another Hyundai again since they are not standing behind their problem with the AC

None, even the leather does not smell like leather

Improve the AC and get rid of the mildew.

Totally Happy
By Wings

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the Santa Fe Limited with navigation after a lot of research and test drives of other vehicles. I have to say it has lived up to every situation that i can throw at it. I have read that some users have had issues but I can not say that I have had any of those problems. The only exception is that I am getting a little better gas mileage now than on the spec sheet.

Bluetooth Steering wheel controls, heated seats, the tons of storage compartments, and the huge bang for the bucks you spend on it.

I can not think of any improvements that are needed. It is perfect the way it is.

TONS of research, not as advertised!
By carguru

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Fellow buyers, I am torn in this review. I researched this purchase literally to death! There isn't a site I left unviewed, a model in this category I didn't drive, PERIOD! But I eventually settled on the Santa Fe due to unbeatable feature/$$ list, improved mileage, and warranty. I love the truck in almost all ways, BUT, there is certainly a transmission issue with these trucks (slams into gear, lurches forward unpredictably as others mentioned!), and the mileage is nowhere near EPA. I have 25k km on mine, and never see below 12 L/100 km and EPA est is 7.6/100 km hwy and 10.1/100 km city. NO CHANCE! I have had service chk tranny twice, and going for third time in two days! :-(

Great functionality, bluetooth, steering wheel soft/comfortable, nice interior (blue lighting is great), and basically all of the gadgetry and storage areas are well thought out and adequate.

Certain trims are of cheap hard plastic and even the wood grain is really cheap in terms of material. Overall, though the truck looks very nice (in terms of the price category) inside, upon closer inspection the interior could use upgrading in many areas throughout. Also, ride is indeed firm on 18s

Hard Shifting among other things
By caz

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe in February of 2010. Since day one I have experienced fast idle upon starting (1500 rpm), hard shifting, A/C that won't work when idling and then no A/C at all and a "thumping" in the cabin of the vehicle (right about center console location). After repeated trips to the service dept. the fast idle still exists, the hard shifting still exists, and the A/C has been fixed. I was horrified when the service dept. told me that the transmission may have to be replaced but they would have to get the car to "relearn" something or other (what??). I'm going back to the dealership and I want a new transmission or a new car - simple as that. Totally unhappy.

Transmission, A/C, better radio reception and Bluetooth needs work.

For the price, a Great Value
By Bill

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Fun car to drive, after owning a Honda CR-V, this car has a lot of power compared to the 4 cyl Honda. The all wheel drive is just great. You really notice it in the rain.

The backup of camera is great. Would not want to be without it now.

The breaks feel a little soft. Have to press hard for quick stop but they do work and will stop you. The instrumental panel light are little to bright even with the dimmer.