2010 Hyundai Santa Fe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:
Great SUV
By JerseyJim on 03/22/10 17:34 PM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Just purchased the SantafE gls 2010 and we love it. Compared it against Ford Escape, Subaru Forester & Nissan Rogue - best riding and most driver's room of the 3 listed. Gives the most for you money

Second Generation Love
By FeRay on 03/19/10 11:17 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Traded my '01 Santa FE LX in on this and couldn't be happier. This is my 3rd Santa Fe but the first 2nd generation model I have owned and I am very impressed with the overall improvement. 100 more horses than my '01 and 2-3 mpg more on average makes me smile. This car has big shoes to fill since my '01 had 150k miles on it and never let me down in the 9 years I had it. I'm sure it won't disappoint, if so the dealer can fix it under warranty.

Great Except For
By Moonman on 03/09/10 19:57 PM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Great vehicle-except A) no protective covering on rear bumper as in 2009 models, B) and takes a lot of effort in order to lock steering wheel (180 degree turn of steering wheel). Lastly, no daytime running lights, reason unknown.. All controls easy to see, reach and use. I do mostly city driving and have gotten about 20 mpg thus far.

Good buy
By Homerlly on 03/09/10 06:30 AM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The Santa Fe is a very pleasant SUV. After owning a Honda Pilot for 3 years, I found the SF to be a worthwhile transport. It does ride more like a real SUV as where the Pilot was more like a car. I believe the 18" tires have a lot to do with this. The ffit and finish of the SF is now up to Honda standards in every way and at a much fairer price($4-5K saved). I do find the ride is much better than my '09 Sonata which I traded in( it had a noisy suspension). My only complaint is the driver seat is hard to adjust to my liking though not terrible in its feel. I have to be picky to say this as the SF is a joy to drive and with the 6 engine has great road power. Believe me, try it!

Love the 2010 Santa Fe
By lioness2001 on 03/04/10 12:46 PM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I wanted an SUV and had my eye on the Honda CRV. My husband suggested I check out the Santa Fe and I'm glad I did. The cargo room and test drive made me fall in love with this car. Loads of of cargo room and very nimble drive for a mid-sized SUV.

High Quality Vehicle
By Ash on 02/25/10 10:45 AM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am a field claims adjuster for an insurance company so I look at wrecked cars all day every day. Recently I have noticed that Hyundai's build quality has improved vastly. I've also taken note of how well they hold up in crashes. When we received a letter from our local dealer offering added incentives for Toyota owners to trade their vehicles in, my wife and I went to the dealer and checked out the Santa Fe.We we were sold on the looks, the quality of the interior and the performance, and traded in our 07 Rav4 right then.Don't be put off by Hyundai's prior reputation, the fit and finish is at least equal to Honda and Toyota and the warranty is excellent.Feels like a lexus inside.Recommend!

A lot of bang for the buck
By houston_buyer on 02/21/10 20:11 PM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The Santa Fe is just the right size for me, not too small like the CRV or RAV4 but still small enough to be fun to drive. I bought the Limited with navigation, and the IPOD integration, blue tooth, and nav system, and satellite radio and backup camera all work wonderfully. The 6 cylinder has great pick-up. I've been averaging 21 MPG with mostly city driving. Taking some 6 footers out to lunch, they found the back seat roomy and comfortable. The cargo room is very spacious. The paint job is top-notch. Fit and finish inside and outside are outstanding. The dash controls are wonderfully laid out. The leather seats up front with the power seat is very comfortable.

Better Than 2008 SF
By Crucian on 02/15/10 04:53 AM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This replaced our '08 due to a defective engine. Interior is more upscale now, and seats look much nicer but they need to be firmer for taking turns. The 3.5l V-6 is ridiculously powerful for the FWD model. Torque steer is actually dangerous during full throttle operation in 1st gear. Grab the wheel with both hands or you'll be in the ditch! It's great once you get used to it, though. Left foot placement is a bit awkward for the driver. I wish the sunroof didn't require the only and very expensive upgrade package. I don't need a nav system. I live on an island so I'm not going to get lost. 3rd row seating is also gone. Overall very satisfied and great build quality so far.

Luv my Hyundai Santa Fe
By Kim on 02/01/10 11:04 AM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have been driving various Honda vehicles for the past 13 years. They have pretty much priced themselves out of the market(for what you get). And let's face the fact that a Honda drive like a Honda. I purchased the 2010 SE this past Saturday. I wanted something a bit more "luxurious" & want to feel that I am getting little bit more value for my money. Everyone I have spoken with who has a Santa Fe highly recommends this vehicle. I was sold after my test drive. Very comfortable & lots of space for everyone. I am impressed that the sticker said 20/26 for gas mileage. Very solid/safe/sporty suv!

Unexpectedly Great!
By bodsman59 on 01/29/10 05:47 AM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My wife's 2003 Subaru Forester was getting long in the tooth so we knew a replacement was in the cards. I drive an Explorer and she like sitting higher and safer, but wanted something smaller. We looked at Ford Escape/Mercury Mariner, but it was very pricey. Also looked at the new Kia 2011 Sorento. We both knew the Santa Fe was the right choice as soon as we drove it. More than enough power, posh and roomy interior, well built and fun to drive. My wife loves it and we were out the door under 23K on a 29K list price. I also like that it's built in the USA. Never thought I'd drive a Hyundai, but now my wife has to get up early or she'll be driving the Ford.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe in VA is:

$109 per month*