Used 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:

Tranmission
By disgruntled27

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am into my 3rd transmission for a car that is 4 years old and 30,000 miles. Dealer cannot explain why my car keeps destroying the transmissions. But when engaging my car into gear there is a delay and then bangs into gear. I am totally disgusted and am getting rid of this car. I will never recommend this car to anyone.

Very Poor Customer and Dealer Service
By dougjim

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Our vehicle is going on 4 yrs, with numerous recalls (and some others issues mentioned). But, the real problem is when you have to deal with a dealer. Our vehicle suddenly has paint bubbling up everywhere from a poor factory paint job. I've never seen a problem like this with any other vehicle we've owned. The dealer was very unhelpful (I'm sure ours isn't the only vehicle with this problem). He downright just didn't want to deal with us. When I emailed Hyundai and told them I was disappointed in their dealer attitude and build quality, their response was a legalistic you're out of warranty response. Never will buy another Hyundai after this.

A very solid vehicle
By cam36

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Mine is a Limited, FWD. Bought in June of 2010. Just turned 37,000 miles. Runs great. Nice power and handling. 20-22 mpg combined winter and summer--all right for v-6 w 276hp. Has been completely reliable thus far with absolutely no mechanical issues at all! The only complaints I have are the road noise at highway speeds and its sensitivity in acceleration from a standstill, it wants to jump right out there...not much room for finesse. If you need to floor it to pass or maneuver, it takes a noticeable lapse of time where it does nothing ( like a turbo hesitating before it kicks in) and then it snaps to and takes off. Aside from these things, it's been a great vehicle.

Waste of Money.. A LEMON!!
By buyalemon

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My car has now been in the shop for 44 days and have not had a call from the dealership for a week. purchased the car from West End Hyundai in Edmonton On Oct 20, 2010 and have had nothing but problems since. drove the Coquahalla in severe weather conditions only to find there was no wrench to change the tires if we had a flat.. contacted the dealership but never got a reply.. then the troubles really started,the window would not go down, the truck would not open, car would not go into gear, no reverse, took the car to service centre for the 5th time. More tests.They said 1O Days to have part come from Korea BY BOAT! now 44 days later no car, no loaner, huge disappointment!!

Favorite Features

Victoria Hyundai seervice hs had my car for 44 days in repairs so at this point there are no favorite features I can think of other than the rotten service.

Suggested Improvements

Do not expect Customer service when dealing with Hyundai it is non existant. They say they will get back to you the same day or if not the next day after 3 days of waiting for a call or email I place another call... no car no loaner and no dervice 44 days and counting.. the part coming BY BOAT FROM KOREA! GO FIGURE..

No issues when driving in reverse
By wbito

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Always loved the look of the the Santa Fe so when the time came to purchase a new car it was at the top of my list. The added bonus of a top safety rating and comfortable interior sealed the deal. Two years later, after intermittent shifting issues that "could not be replicated" by my dealer, I now have a beautiful car that only moves forward reliably when in neutral attached to the back of tow truck. Hoping that it's current failure to move at all when in "drive" makes the situation a little easier for the dealership to figure out. Might be worth taking a peak at the transmission this time (?) So far, the only bright side is that I've never had any issues when driving in reverse ;)

Favorite Features

Great interior. Control panels are well positioned for reach and visibility, cabin space is roomy (front and back) with high ceilings and comfortable seats. Quality of the interior does not appear or feel cheap in any way. Stereo system is decent. More road noise than the average. Ride is comfortable when not jerking in and out of gear.

Suggested Improvements

Bottom line requirement for any car: reliability. At minimum. A 100,000km/10 year warranty means nothing when the manufacturer won't acknowledge issues that arise. Driving forward reliably without jerking on acceleration or deceleration is more than a suggested area for improvement, Hyundai... it's an a known issue that's obviously too expensive to recall. But, hey, I understand. It's been an expensive lesson for me, too. I've learned not to buy a Hyundai again. Hopefully, you've learned how to build a better car.