2009 Hyundai Santa Fe 3.3L V6 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - If it only had a

2009 Hyundai Santa Fe - Consumer Review

SE 4dr SUV (3.3L V6 5-speed Automatic)

If it only had a more comfortable ride...
By steelydan on

2009 Hyundai Santa Fe SE 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This review applies only to the SE and Limted trims with the 18" wheels........NOT THE GLS trim with 16" wheels......BIG DIFFERENCE. My wife drives the 2009 Hyundai Santa Fe, good thing, because I would have traded in this rough riding bronco by now...... The engine is sweet, brakes good, interior is well thought out, exterior is good. The biggest and , unfortunately, most notable con is the HARSH ride over the many bumps and potholes on our crappy streets here in West Houston. The 18" wheels are a performance choice for the Santa Fe, as they are the wheels for the SE and Limited trims, not the base GLS trim. It is unfortunate that the BASE model Santa Fe is a more comfortable ride !!!

Favorite Features

Sweet, smooth engine ! Very reliable Nice dashboard and controls good visibility Nice exterior look

Suggested Improvements

RIDE ! My 2011 Nissan Frontier PICKUP TRUCK with (surprise) 16" wheels HAS A FAR BETTER RIDE than the 18" wheel 2009 Santa Fe I find it a little hard to accelerate smoothly from a stop with my wife's Santa Fe, it sort of "jumps" as even light throttle is applied, smoothing out as speed builds.