2008 Hyundai Santa Fe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:
SRS Issues Following OCS Recall Fix
By donmou on 04/25/14 08:54 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

The vehicle was serviced June 2013 for the following recalls: SRS PODS and Stop Lamp Switch Replacement. After the recalibration of the SRS PODS system, the Airbag (AIR) warning lamp in the dashboard remained on. The front seat belt tensioner was replaced free of charge, but 9 months later the AIR light came on again and the entire seat needs to be replaced at a cost of $2400 plus tax and labor. I never had any problems with the SRS system until after the recallibration of the SRS PODS system. Prior to this, the transmission and Hydraulic Brake Control Unit were replaced in 2009. The noise thought to be the transmission (prob. valves) went away around 50,000 miles.

Best SUV for your dollar
By boxman_okc on 05/29/11 11:46 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV AWD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

IMO this is the best SUV you can get for the money, especially if buying used. The cargo capacity is outstanding, including generous under-floor storage, the ride is very quiet, the mileage is surprisingly good (no worse than my previous Honda CR-V - a much smaller and noisier vehicle). With the Santa Fe you get the feeling of a refined, almost luxurious vehicle but with a bargain pricetag.

Two Years and Still Happy
By Laura on 09/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

We've had this vehicle for almost two years now (48,000 KM) and still love it. It looks great and we've had zero service issues with it thus far. The only two small issues that we have with it would be the not-too-great gas mileage and a bizarre 'helicopter' type sound in the car if one rear window is open when there are no others open - strange problem, but we quickly learned not to do that! We are still very happy with the vehicle and have since recommended it to others who have also bought a Santa Fe!

Love the car but....
By santafedriver on 09/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my Santa Fe almost two years ago and I have really enjoyed the car for the entire timeuntil today. The car started jumping forward when I was traveling a low speeds or stopped at a light. A few minutes later, the ESC and oil lights illuminated in the dashboard and the car lost power. Luckily I was just two blocks from home.

Bad Rack and Pinion
By Anthony Lupo on 07/13/10 18:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Santa Fe SE 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Had to replace rack and pinion three times. Also, inside door liners, had to replace rubber twice. For all those who own this vehicle, make sure you have the rack and pinion checked. If the steering wheel doesn't stay straight once it's aligned, it could be your rack and pinion.

Vibration
By arl62q on 06/29/10 09:59 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Santa Fe SE 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Our Santa Fe is now 14 months old and since the first day we bought it we have had a vibration when driving well after serving Hyundai with a 3rd and final attempt letter they are going to put the 3rd set of tires on it Seriously this is a bunch of crap. The experience has not been a good one at all Thank you Prime Toyota in Scarborough Maine this is the 3rd car from them in 2 years the others a Tucson and Toyota Camry were great and paid for. But they dropped the ball on this one even after calling the owner himself. They have done nothing to help us we had to go to another Hyundai Dealer and they and the Hyundai Rep are helping Just buy the vehicle back or give us a normal

Not Perfect but Very Good
By SantaFe Fan on 06/24/10 11:08 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I was hesitant about buying a Hyundai vehicle because of their past reputation. Liked the look of the redesigned Santa Fe and read positive reviews so decided to purchase and very glad I did. The Santa Fe has been a reliable and enjoyable vehicle for over 15 months. The ride is a little firm but not overly jarring and there is a rattle somewhere in the back that comes and goes. The local Hyundai dealer has been very pleasant to deal with for scheduled services. So far I'm very pleased with the vehicle.

Junk
By kat on 06/02/10 10:32 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Never buy a Santa Fe again. It was brand new had it 1 week the AC tore up had to return it to dealership 1 year later the Throttle Sensor went out after taking it to the dealership 2 times and saying they couldn't find the problem. When it is in Idle in jumps and feels like its gonna quit all the time. Never again will I buy a Hyundai my first and last. I only get 17 miles to the gallon of gas.

Not recommended
By JMJ on 04/14/10 20:34 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Santa Fe SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Very disappointed in this car. I loved driving it in the beginning, but I've had to bring it in for service at least 5+ times since buying it for "check engine" light coming on. Car has also died on me twice. These issues should not be happening when a car is brand new. Dealership always tells me they can't find anything wrong with it. Even told them that I don't feel safe driving the car, and all they could respond with was "Well, you have roadside assistance available." (Not exactly the most comforting thing to hear). The dealership is now wanting to buy the car back due to their shortage of 2008 pre-owned Santa Fe vehicles. I am MORE than willing to sell it back to them!!

hyundia sante fe,new york
By harley on 03/11/10 11:25 AM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV AWD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the car/truck in nov 09 since the I've drove 20k miles. I really like the overall drive and layout of the Santa Fe. The seats are a little stiff and if you drive with the rear Windows partially down they howl and vibrate a lot. The 08 don't have the ipod connection that I miss. I've had a clunk in the front end going over bumps. I took it to dealer and was told it was a bushing problem. The didn't seem to have a fix for it. While annoying its not so much that I wouldn't buy another on but hope they fix the problem. Fuel mileage adv 22.5 mpg for me.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.