No complaints...except for the way it eats tires.
By rmcg77 on
2007 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)
I didn't see a place in the ratings for that, but it seems the Santa Fe has a penchant for tires. Something I read on another forum about the way the AWD has a natural toe-in or something. Whatever...I never seem to get more than 35,000 miles out of a set of tires, which is expensive as hell with 18" wheels. Other than than, this car has been a gem. My friends bought an Infinity Crossover the same year, for $25,000 more, and were shocked...wouldn't have spent the extra money if they'd known the Hyundai's were so nice. But Hyundai was still working the "cheap" reputation back then. No longer. We've been looking at a Vera Cruz now, but new models are due so I think we'll wait to upgrade.
Favorite Features
Comfort, style, handling in snow, cargo room. And it really quiet. For a relatively big car, it gets good highway mileage...we regularly achieve 24 mpg, unless the roof racks are loaded up.
Suggested Improvements
Roof racks can be quite noisy if not pulled all the way to the back. And they don't move all the way forward without modification, which is spelled out in the user manual. Minor point, but this is our ski vehicle...it makes a difference.