Used 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Hyundai Santa-fe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:

Power steering pump
By sante fe

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

We had to replace our power steering pump at about 10,000 miles. because of a winding noise coming from it at start up. at 11,000 the noise had returned. Other than that vehicle is very comfortable. and responsive. I really love the new body style.

Electrical system
By Kevin Moran

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV w/XM (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have had serious issues with numerous sensors that make the vehicle impossible to inspect. According to the dealer there also appears to be a short in the air bag and they can't say for sure if it works. The dealer refuses to fix any of the electrical problems because it has 70,000 miles. As far as I am concerned the car is worthless.

Best SUV for the money!
By Annette

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV w/XM (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Santa Fe (I previously owned a 2004) and I still love this vehicle after 3 years! Although I did not get the third row seat this vehicle is very roomy for my needs. I like sitting up high and I still enjoy driving this vehicle and will keep it for a few more years. The only issue I have had is I needed to replace my tires already and found out that 18 inch tires for this vehicle are fairly rare and expensive. I also had a sensor that went bad, but is was covered under the warranty. I do not regret getting the special outer/inner coating that has helped keep the outside and inside looking fresh and smelling brand new. I wish it had an MP3 hook up.

Favorite Features

Dual climate control, heated seats, blue dash lights, lumbar seat and overall ride and handling.

Suggested Improvements

Door locks that unlock when the car is put in park or the key is turned off and improvement in gas mileage. Averaging 21 - 22 combined city and highway, with 25 at best on a long trip.

Highly Recommend a 2007 Santa Fe SE AWD
By Powderhound

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Bought used w/ 30K miles. Having driven 10K miles in 6 mos., I have only good things to say (except about the headlights, which are too dim). Pre- & Post-purchase research revealed that: 1) only the bigger engine has a timing chain, not a belt; 2) tow package includes a transmission cooler & high- capacity radiator, & the tow bar wraps under the exhaust pipes to protect them; 3) the 18 in. Tires provide better handling and road feel than the 16 in. Tires; 4) the 3rd row has its own ac controls, which helps appease children who have to sit there; 5) only the awd version has the nice brushed-aluminum dual-exhaust tips; & 6) the Santa Fe shares an assembly line w/ the sonata, but has its own platform

Favorite Features

Car has great fit & finish, inside & out. The features that come w/: 1) the se; 2) the tow package; and 3) the 3rd row seat were worth the extra cost & the hunt (the 3rd row seat was especially hard to find), as they make this cuv comparable to a much higher- end one. Adults can fit in the 3rd row, btw.

Suggested Improvements

Brighter headlamps.

Timing belt
By Lottie Holmes

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe SE 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I need help! In the year 2006 I bought a 2007 Santa Fe. Now the timing belt needs replacing. I was told that it was not warranty? The reason that I bought the car in the first place was because of the 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty! Lottie Holmes