2007 Hyundai Santa Fe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:
Great Buy!!
By PRY1782 on 02/21/10 19:35 PM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV AWD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my Santa Fe for 2 years and have loved it completely. Taken multiple trips out west and have had no problems. If driven properly on highway, it gets 24mpg. Otherwise it stays around 20mpg. For the money, this is the best SUV to buy. Have yet to get it stuck with the AWD. I would absolutely recommend this vehicle to others and am going to get another one in the future.

Great SUV
By lpastrik on 02/15/10 17:46 PM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe SE 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We've had our Santa Fe for 3.5 years. It just hit 104,000 kms. Other than oil changes, we have had no problems. Minor things like cloth coming out from door handle a bit but that is it. Great ride, lots of storage, great for families. Considering buying it out at the end of our lease

I Love My Santa Fe
By emeraldshan on 02/13/10 20:59 PM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Honestly, i was iffy about getting a hyundai at first, but it seems they have improved a lot over the years. I just bought my Sante Fe this afternoon, and it's great! I love the interior!! I was comparing it to my friend's '07 Infiniti G35. All I know is I love my interior better!! Love the heated seats, dashboard light dimmers, and all that space in the trunk. Not to mention how smooth it drives. I was lucky enough to get my Limited Edition for a very good price. All I can say is that I'm extremely satisfied... for now atleast! Let me drive it around for another year or so and I'll be back with more info.

the best SUV choice on the market!
By Canadianlove on 01/17/10 23:02 PM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I tested Honda CRV and Toyota RAV 4 before I tested the 2007 Santa Fe. What a sharp contrast: the Santa Fe had better interior and exterior design and better build quality. I have already put 65,000 kms on this SUV, not a single problem has been noticed. Last year, Vancouver BC had the worst snow in 4 decades, my Santa Fe was fabulous in snow, and brought me to almost every where without difficulty. Besides the quality and design, keep in mind, this model has won top safety award in the US. Many people actually don't know that this model was designed by the global top engineers. The chief designer who designed Santa Fe now is the chief designer for Mercedes Benz in North America!

Nice ride, but whats with the headlights
By dave on 01/17/10 16:11 PM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV AWD w/XM (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I don't know if its just us, but in 45,000 miles we have replaced (3) foglamps and (5) low beam headlamps ... what is the problem ? otherwise, i have no complaints ... but it is a problem that needs to be resolved by Hyundai

So Many Problems!
By Scottielisa on 01/16/10 18:38 PM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had 2 coil packs go bad. 2 oxygen sensors go bad. Twice they had to replace the front sway bars and it sounds like they need replaced again. The right front hub was replaced and now I have a clunking noise when it is down shifting, shifting up from 1st to 2nd and also it happens in reverse. I currently have 63000 miles. 40000 hwy. I bought it for the style and I had a couple other Hyundai's so I thought it would be good quality. I don't know if mine was made on a Friday when they wanted to leave early for the weekend and rushed the job, but I'm hoping Hyundai will do something about my continued problems with it. We'll see.

good vehicle
By motorman409 on 01/14/10 21:08 PM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I've had this for 3.3 years, and it has been a good vehicle. Good AWD, mileage has been good, comfortable, warms up well, all around good vehicle. When it's time to get my wife a new vehicle, I will seriously look at the the new Tucson.

Nature Lover
By David J on 01/10/10 23:29 PM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe SE 4dr SUV AWD w/XM (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Before choosing this vehicle, I tested Honda CRV and Toyota Rav4 (4 cylinders) but ended up with total disappointment. Both vehicles were overpriced and underpowered. Then I tested Honda Pilot and Toyota Highlander. I preferred Highlander. However, I decided to give Hyundai Santa Fe a try. As soon as I drove the demo on the highway, I immediately fell in love with this model: beautiful exterior and interior design , excellent sound system and more importantly, a very dynamic and sporty power train but with a much more reasonable price tag. I have put over 37,000 miles on the SUV, not a tiny problem. I always brought the vehicle to the dealer for recommended services. the best SUV choice!

Good at start but not Long Term
By breich on 12/01/09 14:15 PM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe SE 4dr SUV AWD w/XM (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this after owning a CRV. We really liked having the V6, the ride quality, and how smooth of a ride it gave off. We were also impressed that the V6 gave us very similar gas mileage as the CRV but with so much more power. However the love affair began wearing off this past year. We had the Check Engine light come on 3 times and then the Passenger Seat Airbag light began going crazy. Everytime our dealership gave us crap answers that something needed reset, recalibrate, or as in the case of the seat could not replicate. Nothing ever got fixed. So in the end between the dealership experience(only Hyundai dealer in area) & the car issues this was probably our one and only Hynudai.

STAY AWAY!
By Harkins on 11/24/09 07:06 AM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My first "new" car & I have had nothing but issues. I bought it used with 15k. I have had it less than 3 years now & have had to replace the tires 4 times & have to get an alignment every 4 months...I only do hwy driving! My catalytic converters just went out at $1300 a piece & I only have 60k on the car....thank god for the federal law that is making them replace it. I always have issues with the sensors, car doesn't start in the cold & nuts & bolts seem to always fall off of it. I am on my way to pick up my car from the shop (97 miles away) & am going to trade it in on something that is NOT a HYUNDAI!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.