Used 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:

After 6 months, pretty impressed.
By Chasman

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV w/XM (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I looked at all of the SUV's / CUV's in this class and while I was trying to steer her other more conservative directions, she liked the Santa Fe the most so we bought. I have been impressed so far with the overall design, build quality, and performance of this vehicle. We have had it back to the dealer for a few very minor warranty issues and everything has been handled in a satisfactory manner. If Hyundai continues this direction then they will no doubt be a serious threat to Toyota and Honda in short order. IMO Toyota and Honda still have an edge in quality and reputation, but Hyundai is a better value...you get much more for your money.

Nice, sleek look; very quiet interior; good ride and interior roominess; above average build-quality; dual / automatic climate controls; heated seats; XM radio; all the latest and greatest safety features...standard; impressive warranty; large side-view mirrors.

MP3 Player input to the stereo; more driver seat control options; little better on the MPG; more user-friendly design of the keyless entry fob (the panic button is on the back side and easily gets inadvertently pressed).

Super Value
By Super Value

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV AWD w/XM (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I checked many cars, and Santa Fe felt better than any of them for less money. I had a difficult time getting over the name "Hyundai", but I am glad I did. I saved myself a lot of money and I have a great car!!!! More I drive this car more I like it. I still get stunned every time I turn how tight the turning radius is. I just added the "premium package" and enjoy my moon roof on "top" of everything else this car has. It's a great crossover SUV that drives like a luxury car but has plenty of storage and power of the SUV.

PRICE!!!!! Warranty!!! Safety ratings!!!!! Smooth and quiet ride, tight turning radius, 5 spd overdrive lets you operate transmission manually, standard ESC (stability control), AWD, heated seats, dual climate control, indicator of average gas usage, tire pressure monitoring, and the list can go on.

Hyundai changed the tail blinker light from yellow to red on the newer models. I think it's more visible for the drivers behind to be alerted with the yellow light rather than red when you are showing a turn signal. That's it!!!!!

BEST MID SIZE SUV FOR THE MONEY
By gary

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe SE 4dr SUV w/XM (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Being a auto tech for 20 plus I know what to look for, and after driving all in this class from acuras to toyotas we choose this, the only one complaint I have is rear isolation the rav 4 was better but the lack of gutless power of toys 4 banger I whent with the sante fe hands down bought the se fwd model, love it 24mpg average and almost as fast as my 66 skylark with a built motor go figure. offer invoice they will take it ask to see it, they will show you. traded in my 06 solara for this suv and I like it alot would never go back to a car.

price!!!!!!!!!

do some work on the rear suspension and fix isolation issues, but worth living with, cause everthing else wins hands down

Love The Car
By bob H

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV w/XM (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Just purchased this vehicle, took ride from Florida to North Carolina. Santa Fe rode just like a car not a SUV. Owned car for 1 week now, put on 1500 miles and love it. Gas mileage not bad, 26-28 mpg depending on your speed on highway. Not Hybriid mileage, but acceptable. Nothing negative to say about car.

Power passenger seats.

Great SUV
By Benjamin J Giles

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV w/XM (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I researched many different SUV's and test drove most of them. After all was said and done I selected the Hyundai Santa Fe Limited with FWD. I wanted all the options that the Santa Fe offered. I added 20" mag wheels with wide tires. I must say this is the best overall vehicle I have ever owned. It answers all my driving needs completely and I would suggest that anyone looking at a Honda, Toyota, Mazada, Kia or any SUV to strongly take a look and test drive the Fanta Fe Limited. This is, by far, the best vehicle, quality wise and safety wise that you can buy for the money you pay. I have never owned a Hyundai and never thought I would until I checked out the reviews and the vehicle itself.

Overall looks of the vehicle; Layout of the dash with the blue lights; Transmission auto/manual shift for my mountain driving; Sound system; My add on 20" mag wheels with the wide tires for better ride and sporty looks.

Automatic rear tailgate lift. A slightly larger DVD screen. Optional 20' mag wheels with wide tires to improve the ride and looks.