Used 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:

LOVE MY CAR - Not the fabric
By Kristin

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe SE 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I owned a 2003 Hyundai Sante Fe, and LOVED it; drove it into the ground. Once it died, I was being pushed to buy a Tucson, which I didn't like. I bought the new Sante Fe SE and LOVE the black mahogany type trim on the dash, and easily accessible dash features. The fabric in the newer models as well as the interior trim of the doors is much less durable, with scuff marks appearing very easily. The older models had a more "chenille" type fabric, but the newer models have a flat and rough type fabric. I LOVE the "Miles to Empty" Gas Gauge!!! This car handles smoothly and is MUCH quieter than Hyundai's other models.

Favorite Features

The easy handling of the vehicle, cargo room, the pull-down arm rest in the backseat, backseat air vents, shiftronic features, the double storage compartment, the "Miles to Empty" gas gauge,

Suggested Improvements

More durable fabric, more durable interior lining, removing the direction guage from the rear view mirror and putting in a temp gauge instead,

Just the mileage is poor
By Monty

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV w/XM (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I actually think that Hyundai must have determined its 'city' mileage based on suburban driving. Living downtown, continuously stopping and starting, I am getting 15.3 regardless of the kind of fuel I use. I am also a very relaxed driver.

Suggested Improvements

Better mileage estimates. For clarity's sake.

Will not buy Hyundai again
By cole

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Driving is decent for an SUV along with the looks however I have owned my "first-time Hyundai" 2 months and it has been in the shop over half of that due to a sunroof issue. I am on my 5th sunroof and the problems are still not corrected. I contacted the consumer affairs department and received a case number and that is the last time I have heard from them. I have called to update information and have been told repeatedly that my case manager will be in touch and this has been going on for a month with still no contact. The sunroof still leaks and when open rattles to the point it sounds like the glass is going to brake. Now, I am again waiting for them to decide what to do. Horrible!

Favorite Features

Blue instrumentation panel and cup holders light up. The biggest seller was the storage under the cargo area which is great and reclining back seat.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage, front head rest needs to sit further back and figure out what the problems are with the sunroofs on the Santa Fe since I have been told there have been several problems with them after the fact.

Best new car I have owned
By wjpjr

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe SE 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I looked at Honda, Toyota, Subaru and Ford. This car has them all beat. Hyundai has put together an incredible package for the money. The car looks great and is a lot of fun to drive. The car has the feel of a larger car. I don't feel like I'm driving a smaller SUV. Never dreamed I would own a Hyundai

Favorite Features

Handling, performance and a quiet ride.

Suggested Improvements

Front seat could go back about an inch more. Headrest should be able to go back about half an inch more. Need to be able to turn down the dash lights a bit more. They seem glary on a dark night in the country.

After 6 months, pretty impressed.
By Chasman

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV w/XM (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I looked at all of the SUV's / CUV's in this class and while I was trying to steer her other more conservative directions, she liked the Santa Fe the most so we bought. I have been impressed so far with the overall design, build quality, and performance of this vehicle. We have had it back to the dealer for a few very minor warranty issues and everything has been handled in a satisfactory manner. If Hyundai continues this direction then they will no doubt be a serious threat to Toyota and Honda in short order. IMO Toyota and Honda still have an edge in quality and reputation, but Hyundai is a better value...you get much more for your money.

Favorite Features

Nice, sleek look; very quiet interior; good ride and interior roominess; above average build-quality; dual / automatic climate controls; heated seats; XM radio; all the latest and greatest safety features...standard; impressive warranty; large side-view mirrors.

Suggested Improvements

MP3 Player input to the stereo; more driver seat control options; little better on the MPG; more user-friendly design of the keyless entry fob (the panic button is on the back side and easily gets inadvertently pressed).