Used 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:

Fuel mpg
By Jack Carmody

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV AWD (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

This model vehicle is not getting the mileage I was told I would get. At 3000 miles I called the dealer and told him I was getting 19.1 hwy mile per gallon. She told me I would have to have about 6000 to get the miles that was on the sticker. At 6000 miles i called her and she told me it would get better after 8000 mile. I knew something was not right. I took it to the dealer and had a diagnostic check and everything was within the parramimeters of the manufactorers specs. I now have 11000 miles on the car and I am getting 19.8 hwy. My sticker said 19 city and 25 hwy. A dealer in Ohio said I would not get any better. I would not reccomend this car for fuel mileage the 2008sticker 17 and 23

LOVE MY CAR - Not the fabric
By Kristin

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe SE 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I owned a 2003 Hyundai Sante Fe, and LOVED it; drove it into the ground. Once it died, I was being pushed to buy a Tucson, which I didn't like. I bought the new Sante Fe SE and LOVE the black mahogany type trim on the dash, and easily accessible dash features. The fabric in the newer models as well as the interior trim of the doors is much less durable, with scuff marks appearing very easily. The older models had a more "chenille" type fabric, but the newer models have a flat and rough type fabric. I LOVE the "Miles to Empty" Gas Gauge!!! This car handles smoothly and is MUCH quieter than Hyundai's other models.

The easy handling of the vehicle, cargo room, the pull-down arm rest in the backseat, backseat air vents, shiftronic features, the double storage compartment, the "Miles to Empty" gas gauge,

More durable fabric, more durable interior lining, removing the direction guage from the rear view mirror and putting in a temp gauge instead,

Just the mileage is poor
By Monty

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV w/XM (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I actually think that Hyundai must have determined its 'city' mileage based on suburban driving. Living downtown, continuously stopping and starting, I am getting 15.3 regardless of the kind of fuel I use. I am also a very relaxed driver.

Better mileage estimates. For clarity's sake.

Will not buy Hyundai again
By cole

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Driving is decent for an SUV along with the looks however I have owned my "first-time Hyundai" 2 months and it has been in the shop over half of that due to a sunroof issue. I am on my 5th sunroof and the problems are still not corrected. I contacted the consumer affairs department and received a case number and that is the last time I have heard from them. I have called to update information and have been told repeatedly that my case manager will be in touch and this has been going on for a month with still no contact. The sunroof still leaks and when open rattles to the point it sounds like the glass is going to brake. Now, I am again waiting for them to decide what to do. Horrible!

Blue instrumentation panel and cup holders light up. The biggest seller was the storage under the cargo area which is great and reclining back seat.

Better gas mileage, front head rest needs to sit further back and figure out what the problems are with the sunroofs on the Santa Fe since I have been told there have been several problems with them after the fact.

Best new car I have owned
By wjpjr

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe SE 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I looked at Honda, Toyota, Subaru and Ford. This car has them all beat. Hyundai has put together an incredible package for the money. The car looks great and is a lot of fun to drive. The car has the feel of a larger car. I don't feel like I'm driving a smaller SUV. Never dreamed I would own a Hyundai

Handling, performance and a quiet ride.

Front seat could go back about an inch more. Headrest should be able to go back about half an inch more. Need to be able to turn down the dash lights a bit more. They seem glary on a dark night in the country.