Used 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:

No complaints...except for the way it eats tires.
By rmcg77

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe SE 4dr SUV AWD w/XM (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I didn't see a place in the ratings for that, but it seems the Santa Fe has a penchant for tires. Something I read on another forum about the way the AWD has a natural toe-in or something. Whatever...I never seem to get more than 35,000 miles out of a set of tires, which is expensive as hell with 18" wheels. Other than than, this car has been a gem. My friends bought an Infinity Crossover the same year, for $25,000 more, and were shocked...wouldn't have spent the extra money if they'd known the Hyundai's were so nice. But Hyundai was still working the "cheap" reputation back then. No longer. We've been looking at a Vera Cruz now, but new models are due so I think we'll wait to upgrade.

Comfort, style, handling in snow, cargo room. And it really quiet. For a relatively big car, it gets good highway mileage...we regularly achieve 24 mpg, unless the roof racks are loaded up.

Roof racks can be quite noisy if not pulled all the way to the back. And they don't move all the way forward without modification, which is spelled out in the user manual. Minor point, but this is our ski vehicle...it makes a difference.

100,000 miles and no issues
By digitaljedi

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I couldn't be happier with my Santa Fe. I've had to replace a headlight bulb and the tires but the rest has just been maintainence. I just switched it over to synthetic oil and had the transmission flushed and the thing is riding smoother than I can remember in quite a while. The factory cd deck died on me but that just gave me an excuse to by a nicer one. All in all, I'm very pleased.

stylish interior, smooth ride, hidden storage in the back

the road noise is a bit much sometimes

Really disappointed
By kmflutist

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Owned this car for a year & a half and have had nothing but problems. Sway bar bolts (or something to that effect) had to be replaced. A/C died -- need a new compressor ($1000+), and now we need new fuel level sensors. The most disturbing thing is our mechanic has told us that ALL of these problems are common with the 07 Santa Fe. We bought this car because of Hyundai's great reputation, but I can tell you, we're not impressed. Will never buy another Hyundai.

Hyundai - shame on you
By mbb7

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased the Hyundai because they touted their long warranty. I have attempted to have a vent knob repaired, which is covered "under warranty". The car has been to the dealer 3 times (a total of 18 hours) and I have spent over 3 hours on the phone to try and convince HyundaiUSA to fulfill their warranty. Each time I bring it to the dealer, they conveniently find another item that needs to be repaired, that is not covered by warranty. The dealer insists that it will take them, "the majority of the day", to repair and "I must leave it with them". I obtained a part to repair it myself. It took 4 minutes and 25 seconds. HyundaiUSA shame on you for condoning these unscrupulous actions.

The warranty.

Great Car!
By jersey1445

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV AWD w/XM (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I can't tell you how many times my Santa Fe has been confused for the Lexus RX 350. In fact I work at a Lexus dealership and have driven the RX 350. I would put it in the same comfort and drive-ability category as the Santa Fe.

heated seats, auto dimming mirror, volume/station controls on wheel

The older Santa Fe's had a window that opened on the rear lift gate. They need to bring that back.