2007 Hyundai Santa Fe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:
Not comfortable to drive
By Virginia Driver on 07/30/10 12:07 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV AWD w/XM (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I cannot get comfortable in the driver's seat. I love everything about it except driving it! Have had to replace tires too soon because of an alignment problem. Noticed the new tires wearing and checked the alignment and it was out just a tiny bit, don't know why my tires are wearing on the inside. There is a clunking noise under the front. I feel like something is going to fall off. I'm thinking of trading it for a Forester. It has 65k miles on it and hasn't given me any real problems and it was great in the snow. Average 22 mpg, maybe 25 on interstate. I hate climbing in this vehicle. I just cannot get the seat adjusted to fit the steering wheel comfortably. It has great brakes and radio.

Not bad
By rob on 07/26/10 13:44 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe SE 4dr SUV w/XM (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Had car for over 3 years, and with a lot of interstate driving around Chicago, I am on my 4th front windshield. My front fog lights have burned out twice, replaced 1 headlight, and on my second set of tires already. Gas mileage isn't bad. Definitely better than my wife's Lexus. Added aftermarket Sirius(hate XM) and aftermarket in dash GPS/DVD. Other than usual maintenance, it gets the job done. It isn't flashy, and of course you see them everywhere now, so thats good I guess. Front of car is making sounds now, coworker said it may be struts?

Great Car!
By Rachel on 07/17/10 11:55 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV w/XM (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our Santa Fe because we needed more room for a new baby. We like the built-in storage in the back and the fold down rear seats. Wish it had more storage space for toys, diaper bag, etc. but overall a great car! The only time it's been back to the dealership has been for oil changes. I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone because it has a lot of standard features you can't get from similar SUVs unless you pay a lot more.

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV AW
By Adaline on 07/01/10 08:48 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is the best of the best SUV in the world...I love my 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV AW. It is in the shop getting fixed for the fuel sensor it went bad and fog lights go out, but I miss my SUV. I had a sonata 2001 Hyundai now my son drives it. My next SUV will be another Hyundai. Love them. Oh, and I would love to give a shout- out to the Ontario service department. They are the best service in the world!

I'm excited!
By foxy brown on 05/27/10 13:47 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

So far so good. This is my first SVC and I'm having a great time with it. I previously had an XG350 and I loved it so I decided to try this. I love the blue lighted dash it makes it a little classy. The handling is great. I look forward to the winter to see how it will handle.

Owned for 3 years
By Dave on 03/27/10 21:32 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV AWD w/XM (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We have owned our SanteFe XL AWD for nearly 3 years now with 21,500 miles. Still a great vehicle for us and plan to keep for another year. When bought new it was a hands down choice vs Highlander, Pilot, the Mazdas, Nissans or Subarus. Leather & interior has held up very well, outside finish has held up very well. No squeaks or rattles, still a quiet cabin and same good ride and you set up high. One problem, mirror with remote garage door opener died, fixed in one day at dealership. In Denver are we have averaged 20 mpg with 65% in town short trips. Best 25 on mountain interstate driving, worst about 16 oi short trips cold/snow driving. Brakes and tires holding up well

So far, so good
By Rick on 03/11/10 04:27 AM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I just hit the 3 year mark on my Santa Fe. It has been great. I normally replace my cars every 2 yrs or so, but in this case, I like this vehicle so much, I am keeping it. My only problem thus far has been the alternator needing to be replaced. Otherwise, this vehicle has been trouble free.

Still love my Santa Fe!
By Mary on 02/27/10 06:38 AM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV w/XM (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I read these reviews when I considered buying a new Santa Fe in 07, so I am writing one to any prospective buyer. I have owned my Santa Fe for over 2 years and I still love it as much as the day that I bought it! In fact, it still drives and rides just like new. Cabin is quiet and comfortable and the paint has an unbelievable shine. I keep vehicles that I love and intend to drive my Santa Fe for many years to come. Thank you Hyundai for making a fantastic automobile.

Braking Problem
By HassanZaidi on 02/25/10 06:36 AM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV AWD w/XM (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have 2007 Senta Fe that had CV joint rotation issue. i had it replaced. Later I have an issue with its breaks. It seems to have a longer breaking distance than SUVs I ownered before. In the last snow storm, the vehicle failed to stop safely within 25 feet @ a speed of 15 MPH. It resulted in a $6000 frontal damage to my car, with minor damage to car in front. I had the brakes checked and the shop told me that brakes/ pads are fine. I do not know how to correct this issue. Can anyone advise me how to resolve this issue? Thanks.

Reliable, Smooth, and No Regrets
By carfan2011 on 02/22/10 12:40 PM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV w/XM (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Santa Fe almost 3 years and have put almost 45,000 miles on it. The only time it's been back to the dealership is for oil changes! The car is such a pleasure to drive, its so smooth you can't feel the transmission shift even under hard acceleration. The engine is whisper quiet even when underway, merging into traffic. The interior is holding up beautifully and the cloth seats are proving to wear very well. I love the adaptable transmission and how it adjusts to your driving style. I'm averaging about 27 mpg on the highway and overall its a great car that I plan to drive it for a long time.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.