Used 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:

Wave of Problems at 4 Year Mark
By newcarshoppe2

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV w/XM (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Problems started mounting right after 60,000 mile warranty mark. First problems with rattling in front end and sway bars, then problems with electrical failure. Not satisfied that paying thousands of dollars in repair costs for relatively new car. Reading reviews, have found that many issues start right after warranty ends on Hyundais. Won't be buying Hyundai again.

No problems at all first 3 years of ownership.

Better warranty or more reliability.

quality of paint coat
By kessler17

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have a 1996 Ford Taurus with 155000 miles on it and a 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe with 15000 miles on it. Both cars are driven on similar roads most of the time. The Taurus has scratches on the body but no rust spots whereas the where ever there are scratches on the Hyundai, it starts to rust. This is a major problem with this SUV.

Fun to drive.

There is no way to rest my right elbow when driving long distances.

My Second Santa Fe
By vegasangel

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is my Second Santa Fe, having owned a 2003 previously. Overall, this is a great vehicle, having really no major issues over the past almost 5 years. Don't know if I'll own another one due to the overall cost of owning the newer models, but I'd recommend this vehicle to anybody. I get questions about it all of the time. I'm very happy with this vehicle.

My favorite features are the comfort and ease. The interior is roomy and the dashboard is very pleasing to the eye. I find it very easy to handle on the road and have a hard time driving other vehicles. For a V6 SUV the MPG is decent, but could use some improvement. Current cost of gas gives me about a 1/4 tank with $20.00 of gas, so it's a very big tank. I also LOVE that it tells me how many miles I have left before I run out of gas.

3 of the 4 window regulators in the automatic windows no longer work and need replacing, and is not covered under the warranty, so the quality of the parts used in the window could be improved. The fuse has burned out in the dashboard where the lighter and AC Adapter are, so I'm forced to use the one towards the backseat. Would like AUX ability for IPOD as well as hands free/bluetooth ability for phone calls. I'd also get rid of the dual sungless holder near the rear view mirror. As a woman, 90% of my sunglasses don't even fit in them, and are more suited for reading glasses, if anything.

No complaints...except for the way it eats tires.
By rmcg77

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe SE 4dr SUV AWD w/XM (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I didn't see a place in the ratings for that, but it seems the Santa Fe has a penchant for tires. Something I read on another forum about the way the AWD has a natural toe-in or something. Whatever...I never seem to get more than 35,000 miles out of a set of tires, which is expensive as hell with 18" wheels. Other than than, this car has been a gem. My friends bought an Infinity Crossover the same year, for $25,000 more, and were shocked...wouldn't have spent the extra money if they'd known the Hyundai's were so nice. But Hyundai was still working the "cheap" reputation back then. No longer. We've been looking at a Vera Cruz now, but new models are due so I think we'll wait to upgrade.

Comfort, style, handling in snow, cargo room. And it really quiet. For a relatively big car, it gets good highway mileage...we regularly achieve 24 mpg, unless the roof racks are loaded up.

Roof racks can be quite noisy if not pulled all the way to the back. And they don't move all the way forward without modification, which is spelled out in the user manual. Minor point, but this is our ski vehicle...it makes a difference.

100,000 miles and no issues
By digitaljedi

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I couldn't be happier with my Santa Fe. I've had to replace a headlight bulb and the tires but the rest has just been maintainence. I just switched it over to synthetic oil and had the transmission flushed and the thing is riding smoother than I can remember in quite a while. The factory cd deck died on me but that just gave me an excuse to by a nicer one. All in all, I'm very pleased.

stylish interior, smooth ride, hidden storage in the back

the road noise is a bit much sometimes

• SUV