Used 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Hyundai Santa-fe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:

Really disappointed
By kmflutist

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Owned this car for a year & a half and have had nothing but problems. Sway bar bolts (or something to that effect) had to be replaced. A/C died -- need a new compressor ($1000+), and now we need new fuel level sensors. The most disturbing thing is our mechanic has told us that ALL of these problems are common with the 07 Santa Fe. We bought this car because of Hyundai's great reputation, but I can tell you, we're not impressed. Will never buy another Hyundai.

Hyundai - shame on you
By mbb7

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased the Hyundai because they touted their long warranty. I have attempted to have a vent knob repaired, which is covered "under warranty". The car has been to the dealer 3 times (a total of 18 hours) and I have spent over 3 hours on the phone to try and convince HyundaiUSA to fulfill their warranty. Each time I bring it to the dealer, they conveniently find another item that needs to be repaired, that is not covered by warranty. The dealer insists that it will take them, "the majority of the day", to repair and "I must leave it with them". I obtained a part to repair it myself. It took 4 minutes and 25 seconds. HyundaiUSA shame on you for condoning these unscrupulous actions.

Suggested Improvements

The warranty.

Great Car!
By jersey1445

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV AWD w/XM (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I can't tell you how many times my Santa Fe has been confused for the Lexus RX 350. In fact I work at a Lexus dealership and have driven the RX 350. I would put it in the same comfort and drive-ability category as the Santa Fe.

Favorite Features

heated seats, auto dimming mirror, volume/station controls on wheel

Suggested Improvements

The older Santa Fe's had a window that opened on the rear lift gate. They need to bring that back.

Love it
By jack rickard

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Have car for 31/2 years and have had no problems. Wife loves the SUV. Mileage on trips 23-24 which is what they advertised. Was the first in our Church parking lot and now we must have 5 or 6 more.

Favorite Features

comfort on long trips. attractive looking Never in shop for repair. Handling.

Suggested Improvements

Would like a little better gas mileage.

Clutch Failure
By Sheryl Gordon

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

BEWARE!!! Clutch failed at 41,000 miles, 3 years of normal use. No towing of anything. Dealer where purchased out of business, new dealer not at all helpful. Charge was $160 to eyeball, another $500 if I wanted parts removed for inspection. Cannot buy aftermarket parts. Replacement parts $1,000, throw in another $1500 if new flywheel is needed. Cannot be resurfaced, dual mass. This dealer sees no problem with a $2,500 to $4,000 charge for fix. I DO!! If thinking about stick shift of any newer Hyundai vehicle in your "FUTURE" especially if in the East Bay of northern California, best to think again.

Favorite Features

Room for 2 car seats and paraphernalia of young children in cargo area. Seats far enough apart so that no cat fighting with "claws bared" (hands) possible.

Suggested Improvements

Hyundai must tell potential buyers of manual transmission vehicles what the replacement charges will be for clutch failure, before even a test drive. Install only heavy duty clutch parts.