Used 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:

Let me down....
By captain_jag

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV AWD w/XM (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

... at the worst possible time... in the worst possible way. I chose this car mainly on Hyundai's good reputation and was convinced it would be durable. These are important things when choosing a used vehicle. 5 months and 6K miles in, the transmission went and cost me 3.5K to fix. Not what I had in mind when I spent $11,5K on it! I've had good ownership experience of VWs, Toyotas and Hondas in the past and while you have to maintain and keep up, none of them let me down, so the Hyundai is on its own. If you're considering it as an alternative to a CRV/RAV4/ Highlander/Pilot/Forester don't, this car cannot pretend to be anywhere near of these. If you really must pay $2K for a dealer warranty

Interior and exterior design and layout are well thought through and aesthetically pleasing. The vehicle has plenty of room for a family and all the stuff that a family lugs around. The rear seats fold flat but also to 90 degrees giving you good packing options for your cargo. The blue lighting on the dash and in the cabin gives it a bit of class. It's a bit of a hunk but body control is good, and the vehicle does not wallow and lean in bends. Off road and in snow it behaves pretty well.

The GLS base model is really spartan. No temp gauge inside or out, no ipod connectivty (and forget about trying to use an FM transmitter), no trip computer, many of the plastics in the cabin feel cheap and hard and the steering wheel even has rough edges... Head-rests are at an awkward angle compromising your seating position, gas mileage is very so-so 17-20 MPG in the real world with conservative relaxed driving. The auto transmission only has four gears and is slow and dim witted. The stereo needs to be better...

5 Year Report
By chasman1

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV w/XM (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Our Santa Fe now has about 85,000 miles on it and so far so good. We have had no major (and very few minor) problems with the vehicle. Still no squeaks or rattles, runs great, no fluid leaks, solid feeling and quiet on the road. We hope to keep the vehicle well into the 100K mile range. We'll see. Seems like Hyundai has done well on this model. I highly recommend it. My only regret is not getting the package that includes the 3rd row rear seat. Will do so next time.

Smooth running 3.3 L V-6, XM radio, filtered interior air, rear a/c vents, very quiet interior, plenty of storage space. Clean, simply laid out engine compartment.

Create more head room for front passengers, redesign the rear seat belt buckles so they don't disappear into the seats, use a better OE tire than the Bridgestone Dueler...they wear very quickly.

Wave of Problems at 4 Year Mark
By newcarshoppe2

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV w/XM (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Problems started mounting right after 60,000 mile warranty mark. First problems with rattling in front end and sway bars, then problems with electrical failure. Not satisfied that paying thousands of dollars in repair costs for relatively new car. Reading reviews, have found that many issues start right after warranty ends on Hyundais. Won't be buying Hyundai again.

No problems at all first 3 years of ownership.

Better warranty or more reliability.

quality of paint coat
By kessler17

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have a 1996 Ford Taurus with 155000 miles on it and a 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe with 15000 miles on it. Both cars are driven on similar roads most of the time. The Taurus has scratches on the body but no rust spots whereas the where ever there are scratches on the Hyundai, it starts to rust. This is a major problem with this SUV.

Fun to drive.

There is no way to rest my right elbow when driving long distances.

My Second Santa Fe
By vegasangel

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is my Second Santa Fe, having owned a 2003 previously. Overall, this is a great vehicle, having really no major issues over the past almost 5 years. Don't know if I'll own another one due to the overall cost of owning the newer models, but I'd recommend this vehicle to anybody. I get questions about it all of the time. I'm very happy with this vehicle.

My favorite features are the comfort and ease. The interior is roomy and the dashboard is very pleasing to the eye. I find it very easy to handle on the road and have a hard time driving other vehicles. For a V6 SUV the MPG is decent, but could use some improvement. Current cost of gas gives me about a 1/4 tank with $20.00 of gas, so it's a very big tank. I also LOVE that it tells me how many miles I have left before I run out of gas.

3 of the 4 window regulators in the automatic windows no longer work and need replacing, and is not covered under the warranty, so the quality of the parts used in the window could be improved. The fuse has burned out in the dashboard where the lighter and AC Adapter are, so I'm forced to use the one towards the backseat. Would like AUX ability for IPOD as well as hands free/bluetooth ability for phone calls. I'd also get rid of the dual sungless holder near the rear view mirror. As a woman, 90% of my sunglasses don't even fit in them, and are more suited for reading glasses, if anything.