2007 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:
hyundai santa fe 07 disappointed
By deborah99 on 05/25/14 12:14 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV GLS 4dr SUV AWD w/XM (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Very disappointed with the car. Too many problems way too many. fuel sender unit at 60 K CC converter at 89 fuel pump 120 NEver again

Let me down....
By captain_jag on 01/03/14 10:25 AM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV GLS 4dr SUV AWD w/XM (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

... at the worst possible time... in the worst possible way. I chose this car mainly on Hyundai's good reputation and was convinced it would be durable. These are important things when choosing a used vehicle. 5 months and 6K miles in, the transmission went and cost me 3.5K to fix. Not what I had in mind when I spent $11,5K on it! I've had good ownership experience of VWs, Toyotas and Hondas in the past and while you have to maintain and keep up, none of them let me down, so the Hyundai is on its own. If you're considering it as an alternative to a CRV/RAV4/ Highlander/Pilot/Forester don't, this car cannot pretend to be anywhere near of these. If you really must pay $2K for a dealer warranty

5 Year Report
By chasman1 on 07/24/12 08:57 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Limited 4dr SUV w/XM (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Our Santa Fe now has about 85,000 miles on it and so far so good. We have had no major (and very few minor) problems with the vehicle. Still no squeaks or rattles, runs great, no fluid leaks, solid feeling and quiet on the road. We hope to keep the vehicle well into the 100K mile range. We'll see. Seems like Hyundai has done well on this model. I highly recommend it. My only regret is not getting the package that includes the 3rd row rear seat. Will do so next time.

Wave of Problems at 4 Year Mark
By newcarshoppe2 on 04/28/12 11:05 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV GLS 4dr SUV w/XM (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Problems started mounting right after 60,000 mile warranty mark. First problems with rattling in front end and sway bars, then problems with electrical failure. Not satisfied that paying thousands of dollars in repair costs for relatively new car. Reading reviews, have found that many issues start right after warranty ends on Hyundais. Won't be buying Hyundai again.

quality of paint coat
By kessler17 on 01/20/12 07:37 AM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV GLS 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have a 1996 Ford Taurus with 155000 miles on it and a 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe with 15000 miles on it. Both cars are driven on similar roads most of the time. The Taurus has scratches on the body but no rust spots whereas the where ever there are scratches on the Hyundai, it starts to rust. This is a major problem with this SUV.

My Second Santa Fe
By vegasangel on 01/04/12 14:43 PM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is my Second Santa Fe, having owned a 2003 previously. Overall, this is a great vehicle, having really no major issues over the past almost 5 years. Don't know if I'll own another one due to the overall cost of owning the newer models, but I'd recommend this vehicle to anybody. I get questions about it all of the time. I'm very happy with this vehicle.

No complaints...except for the way it eats tires.
By rmcg77 on 12/02/11 07:21 AM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD w/XM (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I didn't see a place in the ratings for that, but it seems the Santa Fe has a penchant for tires. Something I read on another forum about the way the AWD has a natural toe-in or something. Whatever...I never seem to get more than 35,000 miles out of a set of tires, which is expensive as hell with 18" wheels. Other than than, this car has been a gem. My friends bought an Infinity Crossover the same year, for $25,000 more, and were shocked...wouldn't have spent the extra money if they'd known the Hyundai's were so nice. But Hyundai was still working the "cheap" reputation back then. No longer. We've been looking at a Vera Cruz now, but new models are due so I think we'll wait to upgrade.

100,000 miles and no issues
By digitaljedi on 11/18/11 11:01 AM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV GLS 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I couldn't be happier with my Santa Fe. I've had to replace a headlight bulb and the tires but the rest has just been maintainence. I just switched it over to synthetic oil and had the transmission flushed and the thing is riding smoother than I can remember in quite a while. The factory cd deck died on me but that just gave me an excuse to by a nicer one. All in all, I'm very pleased.

Really disappointed
By kmflutist on 11/15/11 07:39 AM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV GLS 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Owned this car for a year & a half and have had nothing but problems. Sway bar bolts (or something to that effect) had to be replaced. A/C died -- need a new compressor ($1000+), and now we need new fuel level sensors. The most disturbing thing is our mechanic has told us that ALL of these problems are common with the 07 Santa Fe. We bought this car because of Hyundai's great reputation, but I can tell you, we're not impressed. Will never buy another Hyundai.

Hyundai - shame on you
By mbb7 on 10/02/11 20:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased the Hyundai because they touted their long warranty. I have attempted to have a vent knob repaired, which is covered "under warranty". The car has been to the dealer 3 times (a total of 18 hours) and I have spent over 3 hours on the phone to try and convince HyundaiUSA to fulfill their warranty. Each time I bring it to the dealer, they conveniently find another item that needs to be repaired, that is not covered by warranty. The dealer insists that it will take them, "the majority of the day", to repair and "I must leave it with them". I obtained a part to repair it myself. It took 4 minutes and 25 seconds. HyundaiUSA shame on you for condoning these unscrupulous actions.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.