Used 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:

Poor quality
By Christopher Herrman

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV GLS 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned this Santa Fe since it was new. A lot of repairs. Most were covered under warranty. The worst is the valve cover gasket. It has been replaced 5 times. It drips oil on the alternator then it shortens the life of the alternator and then the battery. The alternator replaced 3 times and battery 2 times. Hyundai did finally own up and reimbursed me for the repairs. But now I don't have a Hyundai dealer. There was a recall on the alternator/ valve cover replaced both 9/15. There is oil on the alternator again. Plus the power seat is junk too, replaced twice. The rear tires are very sensitive to alignments. I'm on my 3rd set, less than 100,000

Younger Than its Years!
By Tom Haederle

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my used 2007 Limited in late 2014, when it was already nearly eight years old and had 124,500 miles on it. I certainly had doubts about buying a CUV with mileage that high, but the test drive impressed me enough to roll the dice. I'm glad I did. My Santa Fe has been a joy to own for the past year. I've put nearly another 15-k miles on it with no problems. The engine still purrs, the interior and exterior look great (I keep it clean and wash it frequently) and the climate control system works to perfection. The car is for me a perfect combination of size, power, and good looks. The only non-routine expense of the past year was the replacement of both fuel senders, which has been a noted trouble spot for Santa Fe's in general. My previous vehicle was a Mazda Tribute ES, which I loved for its sporty feel and quick acceleration. The Santa Fe isn't quite the same racehorse, but it's a much smoother ride. All in all, a terrific CUV. If you can locate a good used one, don't necessarily be put off by a high odometer reading. With normal maintainence, this car will last.

love mu SUV!
By karen harps

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV GLS 4dr SUV AWD w/XM (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car with the exception of getting in and out. The previous owner put bigger tires on it which makes getting in and out difficult for a short person. It had 63,546 miles on it when we bought it used. So within 6 months of owning the car i will have to have timing belt replaced! That should been done refore car was ever put out to be sold!

Tough as nails
By Dave

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV GLS 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

We tend to be rough on vehicles. With six grandkids (five school age) riding to school each day, then an average of seventy to eighty miles per day being put on this vehicle, it has held up great. Any warranty issues were handled by the dealer with no problem. One hundred and sixty thousand miles and counting!

Love this car.
By l0vedriving

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV GLS 4dr SUV w/XM (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This car was passed down to us from my grandparents, then to my parents, now us. It was originally purchased as a grocery/errands car and now is our everyday driver. This car is fantastic. Never had any major problems. Just one, our sunroof wind deflector came loose and we had that fixed by the dealer. We purchased a brand new 2012 Mazda Cx-7 with similar options minus leather and this car blows it out of the water. More power, better gas MPG, seat warmers are warmer. My daughter has much more room and it has much better trunk space. The Mazda has been nothing but issues since 30k miles. We are at 93k on the Hyundai with NO problems. Buy Hyundai it is totally worth it!

Reliability. Leather. Heated seats. Trunk space. Roof rack. Sunroof is bigger than the Cx-7. Loading this car is much easier than our Cx-7, the Cx-7 is awkward for bigger objects. Build quality for interior is 4 stars! Hyundai is much better than I ever imagined. Love the car as a whole. Will probably stick to Hyundai for our SUV choices and Volvo for our car choices until I retire. Also get the rubber mats that are made for this car, saves the carpet from getting muddy from days at the park, ball field etc. Car has seen trips to my grandparents mountain home, and the family beach house. Great road trip car, COMFORT and Gas MPG for an SUV. Also, adjustable headrest that move forward!

Our Remote keyless is starting to age, sadly because the car has seen so much use. We will have to replace both soon. Also, the front grille chipped very oddly revealing chrome. I was happy to see that there was chrome underneath so I took the paint off all of it to find that now we have a beautiful chrome grille that looks even better than when the Sport Ute was new! Hyundai is like wine the older the company gets the more beautiful the cars have become. Our next SUV will come from Hyundai because they also stand behind their products. Remember stay away from Mazda nothing but problems after the warranty is gone. Hope this review helps someone!

• SUV