Used 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Reviews - 343 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:

the truth
By Hyundai Santa Fe

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

3rd Santa Fe. Second 2007 Santa Fe
By Marty Ce

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Try and make sure that all recalls are taken care of before you purchase. Also, even though there has not been a recall. Look into whether or not the fuel sending units have been replaced. In some states they will cause your car to fail inspection. Repair at a reputable shop is not terribly expensive. We have owned 5 Hyundai's since '99 An Accent, Elantra, 06 Santa F and 2 07 Santa Fe's. 1st one was totalled and I loved it so much I bought another. Not the cars fault it has high mileage (138k now) and needs repairs. But repairs have been things that a car with this mileage needs. ie wheel bearings, brakes, the afore mentioned fuel sending units. Engine still runs well. Transmission is tight. Heated seats and sun roof are tremendous.

Poor quality
By Christopher Herrman

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned this Santa Fe since it was new. A lot of repairs. Most were covered under warranty. The worst is the valve cover gasket. It has been replaced 5 times. It drips oil on the alternator then it shortens the life of the alternator and then the battery. The alternator replaced 3 times and battery 2 times. Hyundai did finally own up and reimbursed me for the repairs. But now I don't have a Hyundai dealer. There was a recall on the alternator/ valve cover replaced both 9/15. There is oil on the alternator again. Plus the power seat is junk too, replaced twice.
The rear tires are very sensitive to alignments. I'm on my 3rd set, less than 100,000

Younger Than its Years!
By Tom Haederle

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my used 2007 Limited in late 2014, when it was already nearly eight years old and had 124,500 miles on it. I certainly had doubts about buying a CUV with mileage that high, but the test drive impressed me enough to roll the dice. I'm glad I did. My Santa Fe has been a joy to own for the past year. I've put nearly another 15-k miles on it with no problems. The engine still purrs, the interior and exterior look great (I keep it clean and wash it frequently) and the climate control system works to perfection. The car is for me a perfect combination of size, power, and good looks. The only non-routine expense of the past year was the replacement of both fuel senders, which has been a noted trouble spot for Santa Fe's in general. My previous vehicle was a Mazda Tribute ES, which I loved for its sporty feel and quick acceleration. The Santa Fe isn't quite the same racehorse, but it's a much smoother ride. All in all, a terrific CUV. If you can locate a good used one, don't necessarily be put off by a high odometer reading. With normal maintainence, this car will last.

love mu SUV!
By karen harps

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV AWD w/XM (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car with the exception of getting in and out. The previous owner put bigger tires on it which makes getting in and out difficult for a short person. It had 63,546 miles on it when we bought it used. So within 6 months of owning the car i will have to have timing belt replaced! That should been done refore car was ever put out to be sold!