2006 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.7L V6 AWD 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Reliability with a CAPITAL 'R'

2006 Hyundai Santa Fe - Consumer Review

2006 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV AWD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

GLS 4dr SUV (2.7L V6 AWD 4-speed Automatic)

Reliability with a CAPITAL 'R'
By Gaurav on

2006 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV AWD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Believe it or not, in 4 years I have put 160,000 on this vehicle and it's rock solid. No issues whatsoever. No power loss, nothing. All I've done is regular oil changes (synthetic) and the up-scale filters. I have changed the front rotors once. This vehicle is just a dream and should be considered by all who are in for a reliable used. Forget the Japanese, they are just too much money for nothing. They don't even look good. I guess people are noting that in a hurry now. The Santa Fe is already the largest selling import SUV in Canada. Good job Hyundai. My next vehicle would also be a Hyundai. The Veracruz or if they come up with a larger SUV then that'd be it.

Favorite Features

Lot of goodies for less. Window hatch. Full size spare tires. Aluminum rims. Great AC.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage needs improvement. Outside temperature gauge and Aux input for iPOD.
By johnhyundai
on 06/20/13 13:02 PM (PDT)

A very critical maintenance point: replace the timing belt, tensioners, water pump @ every 120k miles interval. If the worn rubber belt breaks, it will "brick" the engine.