Used 2006 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Hyundai Santa-fe - Consumer Reviews

2006 Hyundai Santa Fe

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:

Wow, more bang for your Buck!
By nikenri

2006 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Overall the ride is smooth and comfy, some bad freeway spots however bring out a little to much bouncing. Gas mileage is not a strong point but the ride and style and great price makes up for the shortfall!

Favorite Features

Leather seats, sunroof all the bells and whistles that on another suv would be about $1500-$3000 more!

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage , not such a hair trigger on takeoff, (jumps off the line with minimal acceleration

my new santa fe
By Anita Corrado

2006 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am very impressed with my new Santa Fe The gas mileage for a 6cyl, 3.5 engine is 22-24 mpg (fwd). The car has plenty of power and handles very well in the mountains. You can make a u turn in no space at all. The vehicle comes with everything you need without being nickel and dimed to death.

Favorite Features

It handles like a car The 3.5 has plenty of power. The shiftronic is fun to drive especially in the mountains. The gas mileage is better than I expected. averaging on the 3.5 22-24 mpg (fwd)

Suggested Improvements

Rear headrest obstruct drivers view. I took mine off. The steering wheel should telescope as well as tilt. Driver seat should be able to move back further for tall drivers as there is plenty of leg room in the back.

One of the best in it's class
By bahappy12

2006 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

The Hyundai Santa Fe is second best in its class according to consumer reports magazine. It is rated second, right behind Honda CR-V. It is a little more roomy than the CR-V and better warranty overall. CR-V was also a little more expensive. Years ago, Hyundai was not rated very good, but they have made drastic improvements over the past few years.

Great Buy for the Money
By JRinUtah

2006 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this vehicle a commuter car. This is my 1st Hyundai and I was a bit skeptical, however I've been very impressed. The fuel economy could be better, but it's fine even with today's prices. Love the layout of the cabin and the drive; and that's saying a lot since my other vehicle is a '05 Acura. The power is good, even in the Utah Mountains. The only 2 downs are the driver's side can be a little tight and the pedals are close together. I think the 2.7L engine is a little weak for my mountains, but was fine in the city during the test drive. Overall a great value for the money and a good low cost alternative to Toyota and Honda.

Favorite Features

Ride and handling, sporty and fun to drive, storage compartment's; both front and rear.

Suggested Improvements

Driver's Legroom.

2nd Santa Fe in 4 years and still amazed
By Disciple1971

2006 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Santa Fe and 3rd Hyundai in 4 years. My first was a 2002 GLS 2.7L AWD and I loved it. I traded for this one because I got a really good deal and am not as fond as others over the new bodystyle. Somehow they managed to give even more bang for the buck without compromising anything. My other had 47,300 miles with no major problems over the course. I am confident that this one will do the same. One thing that I have noticed is that a K & N air filter is worth the investment with these things. I am confident in this vehicle and recommend it to anyone who might be considering buying one. I was a skeptic in 2002 but now am a Hyundai-loyalist.

Favorite Features

The 3.5L engine is very responsive, much more so than the 2.7L engine. My previous 2.7L seemed a little sluggish and always "struggling" under normal acceleration. This thing is loaded with all the bells and whistles and I still walked away from the dealership wearing my pants and shirt.

Suggested Improvements

Interior colors are too light thus showing dirt/discoloration too easily. I like the fabric color/material better in my 2002 Santa Fe.