Used 2006 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Hyundai Santa Fe

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:

Limited AWD
By Pabs54321

2006 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought the Santa Fe so that we could transport our newborn grand daughter. My wife had a Mustang convertible and it was impossible to place the child in the car seat. We looked at quite a few SUVs and chose the Santa Fe. I never thought I'd enjoy driving an SUV but I do enjoy the Santa Fe. My only complaint is the gas mileage, it is almost as bad as my V-8 powered truck which is also a 4X4.

Favorite Features

Everything but the mileage. Great ride, good visibility.

Suggested Improvements

More power and better fuel economy.

Amasing
By H Johnson

2006 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV AWD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is our second Hyundai. We traded our 05 Elantra GT for the Santa FE 06. We drove it to our home here in Texas and was quite pleased with all the features as advertised by Hyundai. It has enough power, it navigated the mountains and curves exceptiopnally well,The only thing I didn't know at time of puchase is the inside trim. The glare from the chrome on the Console is the thing I cover with a cloth. NO big deal. The Santa FE will give milage with Cruise Control on and handles high winds with ease here in Soth Texas. The 07 is probably even better than ours but we will keep this one FOREVER! Good Vehicle and you feel SAFE in it. Keep up the good work but don't over price it.

Favorite Features

Rear storage area, Large item ease of loading and unloading. Instruement console ease of reach. Tilting rear seat for comfort. Abundant cubby storage spaces.

Suggested Improvements

Replace chrome shift console with a NON glare material.

Sante Fe Proud
By Jean Parker

2006 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased this SUV three months ago. We are completely satisfied. We have only driven Fords for the last thirty years. Would not hesitate to purchase another Hyundai. We like everything about this SUV. It handles like a dream.

Favorite Features

The Radio system has great sound. The way the SUV handles. Everything is convenient to the driver. More standard features than the average SUV. Warranty.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage. Hand Brake in a different location.

2006 Santa Fe
By Devin

2006 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV AWD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Great car, have owned a 2002 Santa Fe and it has virtually no mechanical problems. Everything has held up and the gas milage has been affordable with 19 city 25-28 highway at 80mph. My 2006 is virtually the same for all practical purposes.. I will probably keep buying the Santa Fe as it fits my budget and lifestyle perfectly.. the 2007's are quite a step up and reflect that in their exterior styling and interior.. only dislike about the 2006 and unfortunately the 2007 is the interior colors.. two colors to choose from and I dislike them both. My 2002 had a dark grey interior which was very easy to keep clean with our orange dog inside ( Vizsla ).

Favorite Features

Exterior styling and midsize adaptability to handling and manuvering in the city..

Suggested Improvements

Better choice of interior colors - darker colors - Larger steering wheel wrap - thicker.. and mp3 radio with no cassette player.. couldn't believe my 2006 came with a cassette player.

Impressed so far
By Kermeo

2006 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Have only had it for a month now and the only draw back I've noticed so far is the gas mileage. Will invest in the K&N Filter and see how much that helps. Overall not a big disappointment though. Will report back in about 3 months.

Favorite Features

Heated mirrors, tilt/retractable roof and 5-speed trans.

Suggested Improvements

More adjustment options on the drivers seat. Make power seats standard on GLS 3.5 models.