2006 Hyundai Santa Fe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:
Wow, more bang for your Buck!
By nikenri on 08/31/06 19:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Overall the ride is smooth and comfy, some bad freeway spots however bring out a little to much bouncing. Gas mileage is not a strong point but the ride and style and great price makes up for the shortfall!

my new santa fe
By Anita Corrado on 08/25/06 06:19 AM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am very impressed with my new Santa Fe The gas mileage for a 6cyl, 3.5 engine is 22-24 mpg (fwd). The car has plenty of power and handles very well in the mountains. You can make a u turn in no space at all. The vehicle comes with everything you need without being nickel and dimed to death.

One of the best in it's class
By bahappy12 on 08/19/06 05:14 AM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

The Hyundai Santa Fe is second best in its class according to consumer reports magazine. It is rated second, right behind Honda CR-V. It is a little more roomy than the CR-V and better warranty overall. CR-V was also a little more expensive. Years ago, Hyundai was not rated very good, but they have made drastic improvements over the past few years.

Great Buy for the Money
By JRinUtah on 08/16/06 13:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this vehicle a commuter car. This is my 1st Hyundai and I was a bit skeptical, however I've been very impressed. The fuel economy could be better, but it's fine even with today's prices. Love the layout of the cabin and the drive; and that's saying a lot since my other vehicle is a '05 Acura. The power is good, even in the Utah Mountains. The only 2 downs are the driver's side can be a little tight and the pedals are close together. I think the 2.7L engine is a little weak for my mountains, but was fine in the city during the test drive. Overall a great value for the money and a good low cost alternative to Toyota and Honda.

2nd Santa Fe in 4 years and still amazed
By Disciple1971 on 07/28/06 18:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Santa Fe and 3rd Hyundai in 4 years. My first was a 2002 GLS 2.7L AWD and I loved it. I traded for this one because I got a really good deal and am not as fond as others over the new bodystyle. Somehow they managed to give even more bang for the buck without compromising anything. My other had 47,300 miles with no major problems over the course. I am confident that this one will do the same. One thing that I have noticed is that a K & N air filter is worth the investment with these things. I am confident in this vehicle and recommend it to anyone who might be considering buying one. I was a skeptic in 2002 but now am a Hyundai-loyalist.

My 2006 Santa Fe
By JOE NEDICH on 07/11/06 15:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

1st santa fe i,ve owned and i am pleased , as i had a new hyundia sedan in 1984 that i swore i would never purchase one again,but am pleasently surprised at this vehicle,would reccomend it to anyone.my santa fe is the 3.5 2 wheel dr.

Fueled up
By Joe on 07/11/06 08:26 AM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Claim on the window was 17 intown to 23 on highway. I have yet to reach 17 either place.. This is the second Hyundai I have bought new, and love both vehicles, just this one has poor poor mileage....

Love my Santa Fe
By maggymay78 on 07/04/06 12:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I like how it handles on the road, especially on the turns. I't is much better on gas than my truck was. The AWD should be great for the winter.

A Teacher's Dream Comes True
By Donna Coffin on 06/23/06 16:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV AWD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love my new Hyundai Santa Fe. There is plenty of storage for my school books, bookbag, posters, etc. On to the grocery store and still enough room for my groceries. We love traveling in my Santa Fe. The two Chihuahua cages fit perfectly in the back and a roll-down shield to protect them from the sun, what more could I ask. The students love my new vehicle. Thank you Hyundai for my "totally awesome ride".

1st time Hyundai owner
By Karen32 on 06/23/06 01:17 AM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The vehicle is comfortable but has limited driver leg room. The power seat adjustment seems limited and hard to stay comfortable on any trip longer than an hour. Don't expect great gas mileage - 22 hwy with air. City about 16-17. 2200 rpm at 70 mph. Stereo, trip computer, heated seats are very good. Traction is very nice - you feel very safe even during rain. Rear cargo area is well designed and the sun shade works well - A/C is extremely good and cools the car quickly - Temp control could be more user friendly - Nice acceleration and good braking - Overall the car is a good value for $20k - $25k but if I had to do it all over again, I'd probably purchase the Tucson - more bells and whistle

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.