2006 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:
Great Reliable SUV
By nyl777 on 07/29/11 20:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV GLS 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Driven 100000 plus miles on it already and planning to drive another 100000 on it for another 5 years. It drives good in Michigan road in winter on a virgin snow of up to 4 inches.

Reliability with a CAPITAL 'R'
By Gaurav on 10/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV GLS 4dr SUV AWD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Believe it or not, in 4 years I have put 160,000 on this vehicle and it's rock solid. No issues whatsoever. No power loss, nothing. All I've done is regular oil changes (synthetic) and the up-scale filters. I have changed the front rotors once. This vehicle is just a dream and should be considered by all who are in for a reliable used. Forget the Japanese, they are just too much money for nothing. They don't even look good. I guess people are noting that in a hurry now. The Santa Fe is already the largest selling import SUV in Canada. Good job Hyundai. My next vehicle would also be a Hyundai. The Veracruz or if they come up with a larger SUV then that'd be it.

Transmission
By SHERI LOTHRIDGE on 05/03/10 07:20 AM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV GLS 4dr SUV AWD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the Santa Fe in 2006, within a couple of months I was in having the Cruise control switch replaced and a year later I started having problems with the down shifting to 3rd. They changed out a sensor. In the winter of 09 it didn't want to go into drive when cold brought it in. Couldn't duplicate so there was "nothing wrong". Still having problem. On 4/29/10 the shifting problems started again, so I brought the car back into the shop to have them say "nothing wrong" so they reset the computer. So I picked up my car and two days later I was stuck in the parking lot not able to go anywhere. Lets say it is in the shop waiting approval for new transmission!

Can't get rid of it....
By B on 01/05/10 05:34 AM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV GLS 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my first HY back in July of 2009. For $12K I got 2006 HY SF GLS 2.7 V6 2WD with 25K miles. Since then I have put 10K miles on it. This car has so far exceeded my expectations. As a guy, I have never fallen in love with exterior of the old style SF, but my wife did and since the car was mainly for her I relented. Gas Mileage is better than the Tahoe and even my current 2003 V6 Ford F150. To be honest, I tried very much to rationally to find a valid reason to upgrade to a newer vehicle with all the recent deals, but for what we paid for and how surprisingly functional it has been and how much the wife likes it, I can’t justify letting it go. I have grown to respect it.

Best of the best
By Ralph on 05/01/09 07:50 AM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV GLS 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We switched from Ford in 2002 and bought our first Santa Fe. Since then we have owned three and have loved every one. Only expenses have been regular maintenance and tires. Warranty has never been a problem with our dealer and all work has been done in a timely manner. I have also owned an Accent and now have an Elantra and would recommend any of them. Fuel economy on the Santa fe is 24 to 27 on the road at freeway speeds. We have 67000 miles on it and never had any problems.

Great SUV
By kjr2492 on 01/12/09 11:48 AM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just purchased a used Hyundai Santa Fe limited with 4WD and the 3.5 V^. It is fully loaded from leather seats to heated seats and moon roof and 6 disc changer. So far I love the ride even though it is used still drives like a new vehicle.

Not so good
By beth88182 on 03/18/08 11:56 AM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV GLS 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my first Hyundai 2006 Santa Fe in 8/05. I bought the car because everything I read was talking about how good the cars were & how great the warranty was. I have put roughly 27,000 miles on my car since then. I have had several minor, but irritating, issues with the car lately. (1) a piece luggage rack flew off- I never used it (2) driver’s seat seam has come apart, the stitching came undone-clearly a defect (3) another obvious defect is the back windows (that don’t open) and the back windshield leak. All of my issues are fairly minor and should not be hard to fix. I guess that is why I don’t understand why I am having so much trouble getting them fixed under warranty.

Bad Rotors
By ryan.prentice on 11/27/07 12:31 PM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV GLS 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Rotors warp continuously. Warranted item but no easy fix. The red tape process for getting approval to replace a warranted item will have you eating blood pressure medication at age 30. Hyundai claims they have a "Bumper to Bumper" warranty for 5 years 60,000 miles. Good luck getting them to honor it. Not to mention the replacement of the wheel bearings and seals at about 15000 miles! Of course it took another 3000 miles for them to replicate the sound! Recently took a service manager for a spin and he heard it every turn but the service tech couldn't replicate, hmmm sounds familiar. Overall Hyundai promises you the best warranty but hardly delivers! Still trying to get the rotors replaced.

20K and going strong
By RD on 11/23/07 18:30 PM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV GLS 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After 20K+ miles in 20 months, this '06 Santa Fe hasn't had any problems. Dealer recommended oil changes/service by the book. Dealer caught one minor problem at 6K miles & repaired it (no charge). Great in traffic with ample acceleration to move as needed. Good sound system. Would like better than 2 interior color choices (taupe and grey). Body paint still looks new. Braking is still great. Interior cab for driver feels cramped with seat pushed back to its stops; have to rest left foot on foot rest; still uncomfortable with long drives. V6 highway mileage could be better.

I luv my SUV !!!
By Michigan on 07/16/07 10:27 AM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV GLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought it a year ago and, even when I see the new Santa Fe on the roads, I'm very proud of my last year's choice ! Nice, safe, excellent warranty and quality, needs only to get the scheduled maintenance and it runs forever... It's nice to have the automatic 4X4, in this way everybody can have it without even think about "when to switch it on" or "how to do it"... it's just there, only when you need it !

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.