2005 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Review: We made a good purchase

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe - Consumer Review

We made a good purchase
By Dick in AZ on

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe LX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this Santa Fe about a month before making a 2000 mile trip back to Ohio. It was three years old when we bought it and had 32,000 miles. After driving it 6,000+ miles so far, I have to say it is the most comfortable vehicle I think I have driven to date (I'm 63, 5'7" 150#). The display for the air conditioning/heating is rather hard to see while driving, but functions well. We get about 16-18 around town, and the first time I checked it on our trip, we got 27mpg @ 75mph with the air on! I like the way it handles but it is a wee bit top heavy, but it has never been a problem. The only negative comment I have is the gas pedal; it seems sluggish, then suddenly leaps forward.

All around we find it a pleasure to own. Fun to drive with lots of room for the two of us, our dog, and lots of room for cargo.

I wish they would make the climate control display easier to see, and I hope in the newer models they have addressed the issue with the gas pedal - it really takes some getting used to.