santa fe vs. endeavor
By cindy on
2005 Hyundai Santa Fe LX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
I recently traded in my 2004 mitsubishi endeavor on a 2005 hyundai santa fe.I drove the santa fe home after I purchased it in the dark. The next day I was cleaning the windows on my new pre-owned santa fe and found chips in the windshield and hard water spots on all of the windows and mirrors that I could not remove even with a special hard water cleaner.In addition,the windshield looked as if it had been sand blasted when in the sunlight.The dealership tried to clean the windows and mirrors unsuccessfully and has only offered to "fill" the two chips in the windshield,not replace it.Never drive a pre-owned vehicle home in the dark!Seems to be poorly made glass!Look very closely!
Favorite Features
Better gas mileage and safety features. No recalls that I know of. Fun to drive. Decent warranty for pre- owned.Lower insurance payments. Few blind spots.Nice sporty looking suv. Overall very happy with the santa fe other than problems with glass and mirrors.
Suggested Improvements
Would like higher quality glass and mirrors.Seats could be softer,more cushioning. Needs more power for passing other cars. Body seems a little light,tinny sounding when closing doors.Needs air bags in rear seats.