2005 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Review: long distance towing

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe - Consumer Review

long distance towing
By gonewest on

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe LX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm 2500 miles into a cross-country trip towing 2000+ (trailer & contents combined). I'm averaging 15 mpg, which is well within my acceptable range, given the circumstances. Even while towing across some of the worst roads I have ever been on, the handling has been great, and it has enough power to keep in the traffic flow in places like Dallas & Phoenix at quitting time. Got caught in Hurricane Dennis, and the ABS/TRS was a blessing. Also caught 60 mph winds in Arizona yesterday and DIDN'T feel like I was out of control. That was a major surprise for me. I'm a 4 time Hyundai buyer. My first was an 86 Excel that had over 400,000 mi when I traded it in. Other 2 got wrecked :(

Love the styling, ride & accssories. A/C worked great in 120* weather, but my FAVORITE thing is the seatbelt. I'm short (5'3") and most seatbelts, even adjustable ones are so uncomfortable that I never wore them. My belt is so comfortable now that I easily forget I have it on!

stereo volume & A/C controls on steering wheel, or at least in a more accessible location