2005 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Review: I love my Hyundai

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe - Consumer Review

GLS 4dr SUV (2.7L V6 AWD 4-speed Automatic)

I love my Hyundai
By Kim on

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Hyundai Santa Fe, we test drove lots of cars, but for the price and being a 4WD vehicle it fit our budget great. It is probably average on fuel, because before this I drove a Ford Explorer and it was awful (but I loved that truck also). It does have downfalls though, first the turn radius on the Santa Fe in no way compares with the Ford. Also we found out the hard way that you do not have to push in the little button on the gear shift to shift. I was driving 75 down the highway, when my daughter twisted around to get something from the back, and all of a sudden it was driving weird. I looked at the guage and it was in neutral. Scary! So just be careful. Good Luck.

Rides smoothly, accelerates nicely, traction control is cool(we live on gravel roads), safety a plus the space between the hood and your dash has a 2inch cushion and if a head on motor will go into the vehicle instead of into you, passenger air bag auto. but only comes on if 100 lbs or more in seat.

Need to work on thier turn radius, no sharp parking or corners for that and need to work on the gear shift. The back seat needs to be a little bigger (but they took care of that for the new 2006)