Hyundai Santa Fe 2005 SE
By eighthof8 on
2005 Hyundai Santa Fe LX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
I traded in a 2001 Nissan Exterra for my 2005 Santa Fe mainly for my Wife's daily driver. We both really like it rides/handles like a car. I've heard complaints of gas mileage here, but our 3.5 is averaging 21 mpg city/highway. On the highway it likes to run 80, so we let it. Highway mpg is a solid 24. For complaints: I wish the center console used better plastic. While driving, and using it as an arm rest, it creaks with any movement, plus the padded top needs more padding. I really don't like the way it accelerates from a standing stop. You crush the accelerator to get it moving, then it wants to blast off. I wish this was smoother. All around, I would purchase another
Favorite Features
Sitting height. Ride/drives like a car. Lots of power. Excellent stereo. We're tall; lots of headroom, even with the moonroof. Very nice dash layout. Heated seats work great. Controls easy to use and comprehend. Excellent interior/exterior appointments and materials. Stylish!
Suggested Improvements
Higher quality plastic, and padding for the center console. Console sqeaks and moves when using it as armrest. Wish drink holders were side by side. Relocate heated seat buttons, and fog lamp switch to middle of dash. Use stronger spring on accelerator; no resistance. Tires with less road noise.