2005 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Review: Comfortable & practical, but g

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe - Consumer Review

Comfortable & practical, but gas hungry
By jpc477 on

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Up until buying my Santa Fe I had always driven the smaller cars (Honda Civic, Mazda Protege). It's a good vehicle & very comfortable inside, but I might end up selling it & going back to a sedan. I expected my gas mileage to go down with it being an SUV, but still thought I'd at least average in the low to mid 20's with it being a 6 cylinder and not an 8 & not being that big. However I'm averaging 17 to 20 miles to the gallon and that's even with driving very conservatively. The ride is smooth but I find myself being afraid of any sudden moves. Overall it's not a bad vehicle but be ready to pay more at the pump if you get one.

Comfortable, smooth ride, not huge on the outside, but plenty of room on the inside. Stereo, controls, etc, are easy to read & get to, not a bad stereo system for being factory!

I understand it's an SUV but the gas mileage is still disappointing. Even with conservative driving, I'm averaging 17-20 miles to the gallon and the majority of my driving is interstate. With acceleration if you stomp it, it seems to think about it at first, then launch forward.