2005 Hyundai Santa Fe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:
3.5 litre 4WD GLS
By Steve on 06/29/06 05:56 AM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

The Santa Fe has been a great vehicle with no problems. I have owned alot of different vehicles and the fit and finish of the Santa Fe is excellent. Fuel mileage overall has been 21-22 mpg. not bad not great. The price is excellent compared to other simular vehicles.

2005 santa fe
By hawk on 06/07/06 12:24 PM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe LX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had this car for a year now and have taken several road trips, so now believe I can really eval. the car. No problems with relability, or driving so far. Inside however is a different story. some of the controls are confusing to operate, not real comfortable on long trips, and the fold down back seats get stuck everytime I need to use them. The worst problem is the dealership and service dept. At first I thought they were going to be great, as they bent over backwards to make me happy at purchasing, but getting service or support after the fact, forget it!

good little SUV...poor gas mileage
By Diane on 05/31/06 13:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe LX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love the Sante Fe except for awful gas mileage and a squeek in the door panel that I can not get ride of. Otherwise a nice SUV..If I had known that the RAV4 was going to be extended, I would have bought that instead.

Very Satisfied
By Rick on 05/26/06 11:11 AM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe LX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Drove from Denver to Dallas and averaged 23 MPG. Not bad for a AWD. I am 6'3", 300lbs and never felt uncomfortable behind the wheel. My friends found the back seat comfortable when reclined.

Great Transportation
By scott on 05/05/06 13:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe LX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Originally test drove a Sonata, loved it and my wife saw the Santa Fe. Test drove it and liked everything about it. We just got rid of a 1996 astro van and wanted mor of an automobile ride. fantastic stereo-plenty loud and excellent quality.

Best Affordable SUV
By Karakas on 04/29/06 10:09 AM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I got my Santa Fe in January 06, and have been driving it since then. It is free of maintenance and very comfortable SUV. I got aaround 19-20 MPG in city driving. It is probably the best SUV you can get wity your money. It has 4 disc ABS, 6 airbags, tiptronic transmission as standard options. I got mine for 21k $ and also included 6 disc CD changer. It is a very comfortable SUV and handles much better than most of the SUVs (wider). The back is very roomy as well compae to Jeep Liberty and any ofthe SUVS at its class. If you are looking for a non-expensive 4WD, Santa Fe is definitely the best you can buy.

airbags
By sue on 03/23/06 14:20 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

i purchased this vehicle with the assumption that if the vehicle rolled over that the side airbags would deploy......did not happen. car flipped 6x and not 1 airbag deployed. just want to save someones life....dont count on them to save you.

Best car I have ever owned
By Laura Butler on 03/22/06 09:00 AM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

It is so much fun and roomy. Everyone that rides with me or drives my Sante Fe loves it. I am very happy with it and I dont want anything else. Thank you.

Best SUV for the money
By MICHAELT on 03/13/06 10:18 AM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

LOVE THIS VEHICLE!!! What a value, smooth handling like a car with plenty of room. 2nd Hyundai in a row, had a Sonata. May never go back to another brand, definitely not an American mad car.

My Sante Fe
By Bar20rider on 03/09/06 08:43 AM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe LX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

A fine automobile, stylish looks, inside and out. Proud to be seen driving it and love to sit behind the wheel. Excellent sales and service at the dealership. Comfortable passenger and and seating areas on longer trips. Handles well in all types of driving conditions. Make running boards a standard feature instead of an option. Comfortable interior for longer trips as driver and/or passenger. Average MPG.