2005 Hyundai Santa Fe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:
Santa Fe
By John Salvatore on 01/15/05 17:39 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

The auto is comfortable to sit in with power to move. The sound system is great. The gas mileage is ok; could be better, but it's not bad.

'05 Santa Fe 4Cyl FWD *(Canadian Model)
By Andy Hutcheson on 01/07/05 16:23 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Have owned this Santa Fe for 3 months. Surprisingly pleased with the performance and gas mileage. Currently getting 31.88 mpg with mostly "around town" driving...only 3 trips over an hour in duration. Vehicle has lots of get-up-and-go due no doubt to a very well geared 5 speed manual transmission.Exterior style and ergonomics of interior very pleasing. Feels very solid and tight on the road. Have no reliabily info yet.

Santa Fe 2005
By Frank on 01/06/05 21:00 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Excellent value for the money. Good overall quality and fun to drive. Many extras that would cost more on competitive models, plus you cannot beat the warranty and free roadside assistance.

Excellent Value, Car like Ride..........
By IlovemySantaFe on 01/06/05 17:40 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe LX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am so happy with my new Santa Fe I had to come on-line and write a review. It has everything I wanted and more, excellent value and warranty and the sales experience were quick and painless. My salesperson Bobby explained everything and showed me all the features and benifits of buying a quality Suv. Most important Hyundai has done so much to improve the quality of their cars and with their warranty I have no worries.

Paul's review
By Paul Mrozek on 01/06/05 11:38 AM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

The styling is stand out, very unique!I love the all wheel drive. Power is adequate, but, It could use a little more. I know a larger V-6 is available, but, I'm not willing to get less mileage.

Hyundai Santa Fe - an great buy
By twludlow on 01/02/05 14:49 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe LX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Except for fuel economy the Hyundai Santa Fe is a best buy. I've only driven it a bit over 1,000 miles but that's enough to know that this a fine handling SUV that, fully equipped, is as well appointed and comfortable as the BMW I owned previously. The fuel economy isn't as advertised however. The literature promises 16/17 in town and 22/23 on the highway. Sorry to say that is way off reality. I'm getting more like 16. The dealer is ready to check it for necessary adjustments, so hopefully that will improve the situation. If so, I'll be a Hyundai fan for life.

good price, great price
By dcherry on 01/01/05 11:42 AM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I did not think I could ever afford to buy such a nice SUV. It is like that big Toyota with lots of room. I tried out the Toyota, and was overwhelmed with the price of it. Once I got in the Hyundai, I was hooked. It is nice. It is so comfortable. Even the back seats are so huge that anybody riding back there is very happy. I rode in the back of the Toyota and was so squeezed and the plastic parts inside looked so cheesy and the big sticker price turned me off...oh, and there was very little warranty on the Toyota. So I got the Hyundai and I have been happy every since. BEST DECISION EVER.

great value, horrible gas mileage
By scott on 12/31/04 13:29 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe LX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have been very happy with performance of the car and have to say they have been extremely helpful in the service center of Hyundai. The 5 year bumper to bumper is amazing. The only real issue is the gas mileage - with heat and AWD kicking in sometimes (winter time), I am getting around 10-12 miles/gallon (stop and go on the roads), which is horrible.

Wonderful Vehicle!!!
By Suzie on 12/16/04 21:10 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have always been a Hyundai customer. I bought my first one when I turned 18 and have been a customer ever since. I am more than impressed with the styling and performance of the Santa Fe. I have told everyone I know what a great value this car is. I love it!!!

Love my new Santy
By SeeJay on 12/14/04 17:51 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Only one problem with this vehicle - the fuel mileage is really bad compared with the advertised mileage. I'm getting worse mileage than my wife, who drives a much heavier, much larger engined car. My mileage is about 35% worse than the advertised mileage. Otherwise, it's great fun to drive, lots of room in the back for my 90 lb. dog, and very comfortable to drive and ride in.