Used 2005 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:

Santa Fe
By deb

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe LX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After being in a rear end collision, Our car took the brunt of the accident. My self and my daughters didnt even have stiff or sore muscles the next morning. I was sitting still at a road block, and the other car came up behind me doing at least 25-30miles per hour when she hit us. Our car had over 8 thousand dollars in damages, but its passengers were safe and sound. I would buy another Santa Fe in the future without a second thought. It has been an excellent car since we got it. thank you

automatic to manual shift instantly!!

Car chargers that continue to charge when the car is not on.

Wow what a vehicle
By MissyAnn

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first vehicle that I have bought. The sales people at the dealership helped out alot. I love how the AC gets cold right away and how it is nice and quiet in the vehicle. I only wish I bought it sooner. Overall the thing that caught my attention the most was the warrenty on it.

The AC and stereo

That there be arm rests for the people in front seats because the console does not come out far enough. More padding in the front seats, and better gas mileage like the Tucson.

Good choice among SM SUV
By JT

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Generally, I like my 2005 Santa Fe. I drive in city mostly, so, it has enough power for me. Not so good when going uphill. If I could choose again, I'd buy the 3.5L instead. Good sound quality. Excellent steering, suspension and smooth ride for normal driving. Big trunk space. Beware of dealers overcharging on fees other than the car price.

Shiftronic, interior luxury feel, seat back support, styling, big trunk, warranty,

better gas mileage, use 4WD instead of AWD to improve mileage, may be a hybric version, 10 airbags (2 heads, 4 sides, 4 curtains), ESC, the car is dragged when going down hill (but it improve control) be'c of AWD, not enough power for 2.7L when going up hill due to its heaviness

long distance towing
By gonewest

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe LX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm 2500 miles into a cross-country trip towing 2000+ (trailer & contents combined). I'm averaging 15 mpg, which is well within my acceptable range, given the circumstances. Even while towing across some of the worst roads I have ever been on, the handling has been great, and it has enough power to keep in the traffic flow in places like Dallas & Phoenix at quitting time. Got caught in Hurricane Dennis, and the ABS/TRS was a blessing. Also caught 60 mph winds in Arizona yesterday and DIDN'T feel like I was out of control. That was a major surprise for me. I'm a 4 time Hyundai buyer. My first was an 86 Excel that had over 400,000 mi when I traded it in. Other 2 got wrecked :(

Love the styling, ride & accssories. A/C worked great in 120* weather, but my FAVORITE thing is the seatbelt. I'm short (5'3") and most seatbelts, even adjustable ones are so uncomfortable that I never wore them. My belt is so comfortable now that I easily forget I have it on!

stereo volume & A/C controls on steering wheel, or at least in a more accessible location

The others are overrated!
By Jim

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

So far we have had all good experiences and it gets better gas mileage than in your ratings by a 2-3 miles per gallon.

The Power sunroof works better than other vehicles I have had. The dash is layed out to be very efficent.

The direction of the center AC vents. Fine for me in the front but could be better for the rear passengers.