2005 Hyundai Santa Fe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:
Sant Fe - AWD 4x4
By Ken Pribil on 03/04/05 05:30 AM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle is a pleasure to drive. The only drawback is the CD stereo. In order to hear its quality, and power, it must be played loud. Everything else is great. I only wish that they would make an offer an extended version. Then it would be perfect.

Wonderful SUV, can't do better
By myhook on 02/23/05 08:43 AM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We test drove a lot of small, mid SUVs. Had a Jeep Liberty nearly blow up on the road from a gas leak, loved the RAV-4 and CR-V. Finally went to Vermont to see the Santa Fe; wow this car beat all the others on the first drive. Has everything you want, front wheel drive, with all wheel drive sending power to rear wheels when needed, V6 to tow our boat, great styling and interior, KILLER stereo, THIS VEHICLE ROCKS. It has the best feature I've ever seen on an SUV, a shiftronic system to allow down or upshifting at any time (such as on a hill pulling a boat). Bought the car on the first test drive and I've never bought before without at least two trip to the dealer to haggle over price.

Ya Gets What Ya Pays For
By Scott on 02/19/05 17:25 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

For the money, you probably can't go too far wrong here, but overall this is probably just an average SUV for its class. The exterior styling is a bit radical for some tastes, but it does stand out well in a crowd, and doesn't have that "shoebox on wheels" look most SUVs have. The handling on the 4WD model is a bit mushy, and the fuel economy isnt great for its size, but it does have enough zip when you need it. I've found the seats less than totally comfortable on long trips, but otherwise the interior is decent. The reliability has been good so far, and the warranty is unbeatable. Overall, while not outstanding or overly impressive in any one area, probably still a great bargain for the money

Hyundai Got It Right
By Les on 02/19/05 12:03 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe LX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The car was presented at the dealership in flawless shape (except for a burnt out map light bulb). I have purchased new Toyotas and Hondas over the years and the fit and finish on my Santa Fe is just as good and the price can't compare. Thousands cheaper than the comparable Japanese models and a bit more stylish by my taste. The 3.5 liter engine has more than enough power and the ride is firm and comfortable. This car is the best in its size class.

Disappointed at mileage
By Darrell Colonius on 02/19/05 09:05 AM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Seems like a pretty solid car and handles very nice. But I do not like where the heater and air conditioner controls are located. You have to take your eyes off the road to adjust because they are located so low in the compartment. For the size, the gas mileage is terrible.

Satisfied
By Kaz on 02/13/05 23:08 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love the Santa Fe. Affordable price, good warranty, competitive performance.. Korean cars have gotten a lot better over the past 10 years

Great car for the money
By Dee on 02/12/05 12:27 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe LX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I got more for my money than someone buying the Honda CRV. Mine came with a V6, CRV does not, mine is 540 lbs heavier than the CRV which gives it a better ride. Mine has a 3.5 L engine, CRV is about a 2.4 L engine. Plus I got the roof racks (side rails) included. CRV it's an extra. I drove a new CRV and I like the feel of Santa FE much better. An all around sturdier car than the CRV, in my opinion.

Hyundai Santa Fe
By Dave on 02/09/05 19:48 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Love it! Thought it would be small after having an extended van. Like the inside and love the stereo - great for in traffic concerts. Great vehicle. The warranty is great and the standard features are excellent.

Love it!
By LorieB on 02/02/05 13:43 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

If it was just me, I would keep it and drive it into the ground! I also love the bright red color!

Good car
By CR on 01/19/05 16:56 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Had my Hyundai for a few months now and am loving it. There are a couple of things I wish were a little different but overall it is a nice small SUV. The interior and exterior are really nice and I love the way it drives.