Used 2005 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:

Comfort & Style
By Sherry

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in my 2002 Crystal Blue for a 2005 Black Obsidian Santa Fe and once again I was not disappointed. I went from a wonderful 4 cylinder that once saved my life in a crash, to an upgraded 6 cylinder model that I couldn't be happier with. I don't need the oversized SUVs which are on the market and the Santa Fe fits our active lifestyle just perfectly. Our family of 4 can pack everything we need in this beauty for a week away camping or at the beach and still travel comfortably with room to spare.

The moonroof is my favorite feature in this new truck; it lets in all the fresh air and sunshine.

The only improvement I could ask for would be to bring back the Crystal Blue color option! The dark blue is nice, that funky blue they had for awhile was just awful, but the Crystal Blue was by far the best.

Great Choice
By New Jersey

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I traded my Mercedes ML in for the Santa Fe with no regrets. I can't go wrong with the 10 year 100,000 mile warranty. I wish that I didn't get the 2.7L. But is still worth every penny. Everyone loves it!

I love the extra storage compartments under the back mat.

I don't like the mirrored base of the shifter. Sometimes there is sun glare.

Santa Fe
By mary

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Great vehicle; was not sure about a compact SUV after two Durango's but this has met and exceeded my expectations. The reclining back seats and cargo areas are great ideas and convenient.

Reclining back seats.

Air vents in back.

former Toyota owner
By My Santa Fe

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe LX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great car fun to drive - good on fuel economy for an SUV, but can be slow on pick up speed - very comfortable to drive and plenty of room in the back for traveling, shopping, etc. I have had no problems with the vehicle. If I could change one thing it would be the rear door it opens up instead of out and if your hands are full it can be a problem closing the door, but @ so much less $$$$ than the Toyota I came from. I am very happy w/my Santa Fe.

Sharp looking and very comfortable to drive - rides like a car not a truck - lots of room in the back.

The rear door should open out instead of up.

Cool SUV
By Merrie

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have enjoyed driving the Santa Fe for nearly a year. I have taken it on trips and drive in heavy traffic. I holds up well and comfortable to ride in. It has separate cup holders so it is easy to reach your drink not the passangers. The down side so far is the back seats when folding them down you have to take off the head rest and the seats still don't lay down flat.

Drivers seat. Short people can see better and get that up high feeling without needing a step ladder to get in.

Back seats that fold completly down and the back door to open sideways as well as up.