Used 2005 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:

Best Small SUV
By mason702

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

All people that want to get a great SUV and dont care about brand of care... this is the car for you. When I drive this car, I feel very comfortable. Because that car has stability control you can take a 50 degree turn at 40 mph.

I love that this car has 6 air bags

Gas mileage on sticker price says 27 on highway, but the best I ever got in three months is 19.234. 98% of my driving is highway driving ... I drive at least 70 mile on the highway a day, and about 4 miles on local road.

Hyundai ..what a great suv
By rjwittmayer

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Looks better than a honda crv and rides better to..When I drive my Hyundai people turn around and look. Best looking suv in it's class and one of the best looking of all suv's.. My Santa Fe has great looks ..7 air bags 60 months 60,000 mile war.. 10 years 100 thousand mile war for the power train...what other company offer that,,,,,,,,,,,none... 3 years 36 months for paint 2 years 24 months battery 3 years on the tires..top that you can't

can't name just 1..just try it out and if your thinking of buying one go to the internet and look up the Hyundia club and read for your self what a great suv it is.I bought one and i'll buy another in ten years because there built to last....

no improvements needed

A nice little car that's a gas hog
By Lisa

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Really love this SUV. A little spongy on the ride, but I enjoy that type of feeling. Gas mileage really stinks, especially with today's prices going up to $3.00. Also disappointed that I have a smell in my A/C after two months of use, and side bumper scrapes too easily -- I already have several scraped areas where doors have hit the side of my car. Instead of creating a ding, the hits scratch the plastic bumper creating more of a deep scratch in the plastic.

Love the room in the back, great family car, easy to drive and park. Looks good, carries a lot of stuff.

Fix A/C problem (service guy told me ALL vehicles have the same problem). Bumper quality is a problem. Gas mileage stinks.

Comfort & Style
By Sherry

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in my 2002 Crystal Blue for a 2005 Black Obsidian Santa Fe and once again I was not disappointed. I went from a wonderful 4 cylinder that once saved my life in a crash, to an upgraded 6 cylinder model that I couldn't be happier with. I don't need the oversized SUVs which are on the market and the Santa Fe fits our active lifestyle just perfectly. Our family of 4 can pack everything we need in this beauty for a week away camping or at the beach and still travel comfortably with room to spare.

The moonroof is my favorite feature in this new truck; it lets in all the fresh air and sunshine.

The only improvement I could ask for would be to bring back the Crystal Blue color option! The dark blue is nice, that funky blue they had for awhile was just awful, but the Crystal Blue was by far the best.

Great Choice
By New Jersey

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I traded my Mercedes ML in for the Santa Fe with no regrets. I can't go wrong with the 10 year 100,000 mile warranty. I wish that I didn't get the 2.7L. But is still worth every penny. Everyone loves it!

I love the extra storage compartments under the back mat.

I don't like the mirrored base of the shifter. Sometimes there is sun glare.

• SUV