2005 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:
Great running SMALL suv
By drivenamerican on 09/20/13 13:37 PM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV GLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Our Santa Fe was bought used and now has 102,000 miles on it. The 2.7 liter is underpowered but gets great gas mileage. There are a few design flaws such as the third brake light hanging in the rear window, and the back 3 spark plugs are under the intake manifold, changing them is expensive and a pain. the last thing is the drivers seat does not go back far enough for taller drivers.

The Sante Fe
By bostnbruins on 03/01/12 17:44 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV GLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

The 2.7 liter V-6 is underpowered, and not good for towing at all. This suv revs high when you want to accelerate quickly, like out of a toll both for example. The interior is compact and not roomy for taller people at all. And I am 5'7". The seats do not go back far enough for the driver and passenger....that's the Biggest complaint. The seats are very uncomfortable as well. Limited rear storage area. I had a 05 Chevy Silverado before the Sante Fe, I switched thinking our kids would have more room...big mistake. I live in snow country, and this is by far the worst vehicle I have ever driven in the snow. Who ever says 4x4 and all-wheel drive are the same are sadly mistaken. By American.

A Great SUV
By billssuv on 01/19/11 13:32 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV GLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2005 Santa Fe with 23 miles on it. I have driven it down to Texas and Mississippi and had great gas mileage. I now have 86K miles on it and have only put new tires on it at 79K as well as new brakes for the first time. I also have done my normal maintenance on it including new timing belt. I have had ZERO issues with my SUV and plan on driving it hopefully another 100K before deciding on a new one. It is the most comfortable vehicle I have ever owned and driven.

Nice ride
By Dave on 11/27/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV GLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the 2005 Santa Fe used just a week ago. The gas mileage is a bit lower than what I expected for a small V6. The 2.7 is just a little bit underpowered for a vehicle of this size. It is very comfortable for an SUV and handles very well. A solid vehicle with a lot of nice standard features. Roomy interior and sporty design. Controls easily reached and easy access getting in and out of the vehicle. Roomy cargo space.

Love It
By gman2705 on 10/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV GLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the Santa Fe with 35 000 miles. Now has 75 000 on it and runs like new. Goes great in the snow. Everything is tight, no squeaks or rattles. First SUV, and the next one will be a Santa Fe.

Strange, drawn out problems
By Angela Tweet on 10/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV GLS AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I loved Hyundai when I purchased my 2005 Santa Fe. The car was pretty amazing until spring of '10, when it started to show signs of overheating, without the thermostat going up. Lithia told me it was fine, and I drove it until it started stalling. I took it back in, paid for a new radiator (not under warranty after 60K), and dealt with either cracked radiators/ bubbling coolant or not having a vehicle for 3 months. They couldn't figure out what was wrong. Head gasket had to be replaced (under warranty) but since that had been what blew out the radiator, why didn't I get any refund? Or the more than $1k of equipment that they didn't seem to care was stolen from my car while they had it!

Great SUV with one major problem
By Carrie on 08/10/10 14:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV GLS Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first SUV which I bought used and absolutely love. It runs great, is comfortable and gets pretty good gas mileage. I've had it for 2 years now and have just now run into a snag. My Crank sensor went out on me without any warning. I was driving to work and everything was fine and all of a sudden it started jerking, all my warning lights came on and then it just died on me. I had to have it towed to the dealership & unfortunately my warranty ran out 6 weeks ago so now I'm looking at around $500. Other then this it has been a great first SUV & I would definitely purchase another one.

Great, no hassle, reliable quality car!
By boisegal on 06/27/10 09:27 AM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV GLS AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned my car since purchase, over five years now and never one problem! It's very reliable, works great for hauling around family, stuff, and friends. Still looks good, and cleans up nicely. I was in an accident three years ago, had front-end rebuilt. And still, never one problem before or after. These are great quality vehicles.

Brake hog
By KATHY SEDGWICK on 05/28/10 04:54 AM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is a money maker for the service department when it comes to the brakes. I have had to replace the brakes almost every 20,000-25,000 miles. I will not be buying another Hyundai again. Will be going back to a Ford or Chevy!

Loving my Santa Fe.
By Mrs Jackie on 05/19/10 15:58 PM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV GLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is the first SUV that I have ever had the pleasure to drive. And I found that it has spoiled me rotten. Love everything about it. I am also short but it is easy to get in an out of. And it has the smoothest ride. I highly recommend the Santa Fe to anyone who is in the market to purchase and SUV. It is roomy and also durable. It has class an style. I have no complaints at all about the Santa Fe. I just love it love it love it.