2005 Hyundai Santa Fe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:
Great running SMALL suv
By drivenamerican on 09/20/13 13:37 PM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Our Santa Fe was bought used and now has 102,000 miles on it. The 2.7 liter is underpowered but gets great gas mileage. There are a few design flaws such as the third brake light hanging in the rear window, and the back 3 spark plugs are under the intake manifold, changing them is expensive and a pain. the last thing is the drivers seat does not go back far enough for taller drivers.

Loving my Santa Fe.
By Mrs Jackie on 05/19/10 15:58 PM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is the first SUV that I have ever had the pleasure to drive. And I found that it has spoiled me rotten. Love everything about it. I am also short but it is easy to get in an out of. And it has the smoothest ride. I highly recommend the Santa Fe to anyone who is in the market to purchase and SUV. It is roomy and also durable. It has class an style. I have no complaints at all about the Santa Fe. I just love it love it love it.

Warranty issues
By H Leal on 03/07/10 14:53 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Nothing but warranty problems. The 1st was rust spots all over. It took over 6 months and 2 dealerships, warranty dept, regional DPSM, BBB. Now body side moulding fell off, they said not covered because it is 3/36000, but it's 5/60000. Conference calls with dealer, warranty dept and DPSM still nothing done. Service and warranty mean nothing. I bought because of warranty and it is all a lie. Never buy another again.

So far Great
By laustin on 07/27/09 12:11 PM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car after nothing but problems with a Jeep Grand Cherokee Larado. I did research on the sante fe and bought it for the warranty. Great room in back for beach chairs, moving furniture, etc. Good cup holders. Good seats. Only thing I don't like is the engine doesn't seem to have alot of "umpf" but then again I don't need to go more than 70 mph. Have 60k miles now. hope this lasts a very long time for me!

Bad gas mileage
By Winter on 05/11/08 12:21 PM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

My driving experience is the SUV handles fine, the check engine light has been on since two weeks after purchase have never had time to take it in. Not a vehicle for commute the gas mileage sucks for this I go through over $100 a week in gas. It handles well in snow though I bought it for that very reason and I am thankful that works well.

Great SUV
By adavis on 09/23/07 05:51 AM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Santa Fe. I have been looking at them for a while and thought I would like one and went to the dealership and they had a preowned one fully loaded. It has everything I have never had. It has alot of room. I like sitting up off the ground rather then on the ground in a regular car. I will probably not go back to a regular care after having a SUV. The price was great for all the features. I probably would have spent well of $23 for all the features this has. I have been very satisfied.

good car for price
By jill on 06/03/07 18:51 PM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I enjoy driving the Santa Fe much more than the Windstar I traded in. It is easier to park, vision is better and so is fuel economy. For the money, you get a great suv. I would buy it again. Im not sure the friend who bought the Explorer the same month would. It has not caused me a minute of trouble.

Solid performer
By Mary Book on 05/22/07 11:58 AM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is a solid and fun car to drive. It is especially great in bad weather, heavy rain, snow, wind. It stays stable on the road with the AWD doing the work for you. It has comfortable firm seating,a good view from it's higher elevation, and a nice powerful engine. The Monsoon sound system is incredable.The 6 disc changer works effortlessly, the dash panel is easy to access and read. You can haul a lot inthe back and on top if need be. The paint, finish and detail is extra nice. You get a lot for the money. I've had no major mechanical problems in the two years I've owned the car.

hyundai review frwn
By wm nundahl on 11/07/06 11:01 AM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

the vehicle is nice to drive , but the service and warranty mean nothing. i have had problems with there home office, the dealer itself and the way the handle their customers, if there is any warranty work to get done , seems they have to get hold of there service rep. and then you don't kmow when your going to here from them, you can complain all you want and bring warranty issues to thier attention and you might as well have been talking to the wall. i have had issues that have been on going and were resolved 6 mos. later-- do you call this customer service i don't. seems they are more concerned with thier bottom line, and they only seem to do whats nesc.

love santa fe's
By roberta Bramley on 08/15/06 17:15 PM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have enjoyed my Santa Fe , its comfortable, fun to drive , handles the road great. I feel very safe after 2 rearenders in my Elantra I traded in for my Santa Fe.I love my Santa Fe.

1 2 3 4 5 next »