Used 2005 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:

Great running SMALL suv
By drivenamerican

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Our Santa Fe was bought used and now has 102,000 miles on it. The 2.7 liter is underpowered but gets great gas mileage. There are a few design flaws such as the third brake light hanging in the rear window, and the back 3 spark plugs are under the intake manifold, changing them is expensive and a pain. the last thing is the drivers seat does not go back far enough for taller drivers.

Drivers seat having more leg room and placing the third brake light into the sheet metal so its out of the way.

Loving my Santa Fe.
By Mrs Jackie

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is the first SUV that I have ever had the pleasure to drive. And I found that it has spoiled me rotten. Love everything about it. I am also short but it is easy to get in an out of. And it has the smoothest ride. I highly recommend the Santa Fe to anyone who is in the market to purchase and SUV. It is roomy and also durable. It has class an style. I have no complaints at all about the Santa Fe. I just love it love it love it.

the engine is smooth. the cd and cassette deck came in handy for me and i love the not too big not too small, just perfect..

only one thing i wished that it had was the security lights that goes off automatic once you leave your car.

Warranty issues
By H Leal

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Nothing but warranty problems. The 1st was rust spots all over. It took over 6 months and 2 dealerships, warranty dept, regional DPSM, BBB. Now body side moulding fell off, they said not covered because it is 3/36000, but it's 5/60000. Conference calls with dealer, warranty dept and DPSM still nothing done. Service and warranty mean nothing. I bought because of warranty and it is all a lie. Never buy another again.

Fun to drive, good mileage, comfortable.

Honor the warranty in the owners manual and advertising. Offer customer service, don't treat customer like it's a favor to fix it.

So far Great
By laustin

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car after nothing but problems with a Jeep Grand Cherokee Larado. I did research on the sante fe and bought it for the warranty. Great room in back for beach chairs, moving furniture, etc. Good cup holders. Good seats. Only thing I don't like is the engine doesn't seem to have alot of "umpf" but then again I don't need to go more than 70 mph. Have 60k miles now. hope this lasts a very long time for me!

radio/6 disc cd changer; sunroof

better horsepower

Bad gas mileage
By Winter

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

My driving experience is the SUV handles fine, the check engine light has been on since two weeks after purchase have never had time to take it in. Not a vehicle for commute the gas mileage sucks for this I go through over $100 a week in gas. It handles well in snow though I bought it for that very reason and I am thankful that works well.

Easy switch to gears. Roomy, rides ok.

The sunglass holder is lousy cardboard holding the springs. The seats are not comfortable they're hard. Need a hybrid gas mileage bad.