2004 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Review: A Great Vehicle

2004 Hyundai Santa Fe - Consumer Review

GLS 4dr SUV (2.7L V6 4-speed Automatic)

A Great Vehicle
By HyScott on

2004 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I do owe this car a hand. It has been a really great economical and reliable car. We have always had either European luxury cars or GM SUVs so this car had a lot against it to impress me. This was my first car and definitely not my last Hyundai. They handle VERY well and are extremely easy to drive and operate. The interior is bland but has some accents that set it above GM and Toyota. All of the V6 Santas have leather wrapped steering wheels and gear selectors, many other marks donít. The sound system is surprisingly good and will blow away any base system on other marks. The manual mode on the transmission is GREAT, and I love how they went the extra mile on it.

Handling is great and the little bits and pieces they put on the car to make it above the rest is also very nice. It seems to have filled the gap between a super compact SUV and a large one during its time. It really is a roomy SUV and is comparable in size to a ford explorer.

Not a whole lot, I would say the road noise is kind of annoying especially at 80 mph. The seats are kind of stiff, especially after an 8 hour road trip. However turning up the radio, and the good handling just make up for it somehow.