2004 Hyundai Santa Fe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:
Loved my Santa Fe
By nitlion on 09/02/07 14:49 PM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

From the time of purchase, until I traded my Santa Fe in on a new vehicle, I loved this car. Car was great, dealer wasn't.

My Santa Fe
By Connie on 02/20/07 13:34 PM (PST)

2004 Hyundai Santa Fe Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutely adore this vehicle. I have had many vehicles over the years and this one is by far the best. My only complaint is the gas mileage. Other than that - it is fantastic!!

Great buy!
By Great SUV on 12/28/06 13:11 PM (PST)

2004 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This was a great buy! My wife & I love it. Great around town. Plenty of room but not too big. Great on 5500 mile trip. Mileage was great. Averaged 29MPG which included mountain ranges in Colorado, Utah and Wyoming. Very dependable so far.

who would have thought???
By Paul on 11/14/06 13:07 PM (PST)

2004 Hyundai Santa Fe LX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am an avid car enthusiat who has subscriptions to all the major mags. I do a lot of homework before purchasing a vechile. My wife and I needed to downsize from our Durango so I started looking at the usual suspects (Escape, Liberty,etc). I came across the Sante Fe by mistake. I took all 3 for test drives and the Sante Fe just blew them away! I couldn't belive this was the same Hyundai that was the joke of the auto industry 10 yrs ago. You simply can't beat the value they offer. I have the 3.5L motor and it's awesome. I also have a modified Ford Lightning and an 05 Stang GT so I know about performace. It may not be the best looking SUV on the road, but it can't be beat for the money.

very nice suv
By greg hill on 10/26/06 06:45 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

no problems at all so far!

Balancing
By EDWARD on 09/24/06 16:41 PM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

My car drifts to the right when I let go the steering wheel

Solid & Reliable
By Greg on 09/21/06 12:55 PM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Pricing and warranty blew away everything in it's class. I was impressed by the low cost 10year/100,000 mile optional warranty I purchased because it was proof that Hyundai was standing behind their product. I've never seen this degree of confidence by any other manufacturer. This vehicle is NOT a "toy mini SUV"; it's built very solid, has excellent handling, and still runs as good as it did when I drove it off the lot. After almost 3 years and 40K miles I've had zero problems. I rarely take it offroad, but when I do it has excellent clearance and suspension that handle anything you will find on a gravel road. Speed bumps ? Hah! This thing mows 'em down like they weren't even there.

Well Built Vehicle
By Sunnil on 09/13/06 14:04 PM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Needed to upgrade to a larger vehcile for a growing family and with the help of all of the reviews on this site I found the Santa Fe the most functional of all the compact-midsize people movers out there. This suv maneuvers very well, stands tall enough to see over the traffic without having bad blind spots. Easy to park, entry/exit is good and love the cargo space for all of the required baby gear my wife and I need to haul around. I bought this vechile pre-owned, and with the gas prices falling, we're getting about 20.5mpg in mix driving, I definitly recommend this Hyundai to any small family looking for a good price on a suv with sound quality, safety and long list of std features.

Love my Santa Fe
By cherylhillw on 08/22/06 10:22 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Santa Fe. I have a bad back so I traded in my Tiburon for the Santa Fe and what a joy. All the horse power needed when needed. Awsome gas milage around town and on trips to Maine on highway. The back seat fits two good sized adults comfortably, with lots of leg room . I am 5'8" tall and have no problem ridingf in the back seat and it is really comfortable. The only negative is my fiance` is 6'3" and he has a bit of trouble with head room that is the only problem we have had . In my eyes this is a best buy all the way can't go wrong!!!

Drive to believe! 04 Santa Fe is great!
By Vanessa G. - KY on 07/21/06 05:03 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Santa Fe LX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned may cars including BMW, Audi, Land Rover and more. The '04 Santa Fe has exceeded my expectations with quality and comfort. It's reliable and eye catching. I get lots of compliments from people who think my car is brand new. No mechanical, exterior or interior problems. Gas mileage isn't great, but most SUV's aren't. Get the larger 3.5L engine for the the best experience.