2004 Hyundai Santa Fe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:
Lived to tell about it!!!
By Jana on 10/09/08 11:17 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Recently my daughter and I were in an accident with my 2004 Santa Fe which I was the driver my daughter the passenger. 3 vehicles were involved all of which were totaled off. The driver of the vehicle which hit us lost control and landed on my Santa Fe and rolled off, literally tearing open the drivers side and pushing us into another vehicle which stopped us from rolling into traffic.The accident reconstruction police team visited us at the hospital at which time they told us that had we been in any other vehicle the chances of the accident being fatal would have been much higher as the Santa Fe is designed to crumble around us in an accident and has the best accident ratings.Thank you Hyundai!

Problems with Blower Control Knob
By Chris K on 09/26/08 11:49 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Santa Fe LX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I actually like my 2004 Santa Fe which I purchased new back in May of 2004. I have a problem that I cannot resolve. Each year I have a problem with my blower control knob. The blower starts to run only on one level and eventually stops altogether. It has cost me several hundred dollars each time I have had this fixed only to be back in the same situation the next year. Right now I have been only able to use my heat or A/C on high because it won't work on any other level. Thanks, TOO HOT OR TOO COLD

i love my sante fe
By pboggs on 05/04/08 08:02 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Santa Fe Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I am very pleased with every aspect of my santa fe, it is comfortable, and i feel safe while driving it. It handles wonderful on mountain roads, snow conditions and wet roads. It may only be 2wd but the design and ground clearance have made it the perfect crossover. Fuel economy well 270 miles on 1/4 tank of gas, need i say more? It is perfect for the wife if she wants to keep her tall husband in his own truck.

Second Hyundai
By Honestman on 04/18/08 09:29 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Santa Fe LX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had a 2000 sonata it was great but this Santa Fe has been perfect from the day we bought it. Love this truck.

Impressive Hyundai
By rondo on 04/13/08 15:06 PM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Santa Fe LX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It made sense to buy a Santa Fe. Gas mileage was ok, there were alot of options for a low price and warranty was better then most other similar vehicles. The 3.5 engine is zippy and has alot of passing and towing power. Smooth ride and great acceleration. The full time AWD is great but I've noticed the traction control operates roughly during acceleration from stop on a slippery road. I really like the seats and the driving position, which makes a 5+ hour drive more tolerable. After 75000 miles, the car hasn't had any problems and still drives like new.

Love my Santa Fe
By dombrolo on 03/01/08 07:14 AM (PST)

2004 Hyundai Santa Fe LX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this SUV after our Aztec & S10 got flooded in Hurricane Wilma. We had to find something quickly and the supply down here in the Keys was very limited as all the dealers lost all their stock also. About a week and half after the hurricane, I was driving past Niles in my rented car and saw this Santa Fe on their lot. It had been shipped in from a sister dealer in Tallahassee. I always had wanted a Santa Fe, I love that is wasn't boxy like most SUVs, and it was exactly the color that I had wanted. We test drove it that evening and were able to keep it overnight. We bought it the next morning and have never had any regrets. I get about 22-23 mpg which is great for SUVs. I love it!

04 Santa Fe review
By Cyril on 12/01/07 17:02 PM (PST)

2004 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

The most practical vehicle I ever owned. The first vehicle I had that didn't burn any oil. The 3.5L engine performance is great. Rides like a luxury car. Problems so far have been minor. Has lots of neat storage compartments. A nerds dream.

A Great Car
By Jeff Martinez on 11/11/07 12:55 PM (PST)

2004 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This has been an awesome vehicle. Very Dependable. Very trip friendly!

Hyundai doesn't mean crappy anymore....
By Brian Bolan on 11/02/07 04:56 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Santa Fe LX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Took a gamble, and bought the Sante Fe, after doing alot of research. I was leery knowing Hyundai's past. I was surprised at the level of quality and care in making the product. Granted, the leather seats are... well, cheap looking/feeling. I've enjoyed a trouble free 120K in daily driving since my purchase in 2005. Can't say one bad thing about it; including my mileage, which has ranged from 21 - 24MPGs. Tooling aroud town, it is considerably less, but still for a SUV, not bad at all. HIGHLY Recommend!

Hyundai in the Family
By Adam on 09/07/07 16:31 PM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Santa Fe Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I totaled my moms 2001 Santa Fe, but it did so well in the crash that she bought a 2004 with all the bells and whistles. I bought a 2004 Tiburon GT which I now regret since the insurance is so high on that car, not to mention already had a speeding ticket! I am looking into buying a new Santa Fe since I need the room inside and would like to have a vehicle that I can put a hitch on to haul trailers around when I get some toys.