2004 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Review: 2004 Base Santa Fe

2004 Hyundai Santa Fe - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

2004 Base Santa Fe
By SanDiegoRN on

2004 Hyundai Santa Fe Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the base, manual, without a lot of bells and whistles because I wanted a manual, not an automatic. My gas mileage is probably better because of this varying from 24-28 mpg depending on how much city driving I do. On trips hwy mileage can even approach 30 mpg. I had a problem with the check engine light for the first couple of years d/t accelerator sensor position problems, but o/w very reliable. Just had to have the crankshaft sensor (and accelerator sensor) replaced as it caused the vehicle to quit completely, but overall I am very, very happy with it. Scratches do tend to occur in parking lots. Very comfortable and I want to keep this till it stops running completely.

Comfort, good warantee, decent gas mileage, easy to drive.

Base model could use a bit more power for its size and the coating could be a bit heavier so light scratches don't show so much.
By barbara_mead
on 06/10/11 22:26 PM (PDT)

Hello, would you please let me know how you car was acting when you had to replace the sensor. I have this same car that you do, I love my car very much but latley I am getting very mad with it because it has very little acceleration.