2004 Hyundai Santa Fe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:
Excellent SUV
By scott on 02/26/06 18:06 PM (PST)

2004 Hyundai Santa Fe LX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned three Santa Fe's... 01, 03, and 04. This is by far the best and most fun to drive. I just passed 31k miles and have had zero problems.

Aas good as Japanese cars
By gerry Wolter on 10/27/05 20:46 PM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Santa Fe LX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Been driving excellent Japanese cars for 30 years. My SantaFe is as good as any I've ever had. Tows my 3000 lbs boat better than Toyata or Isuzu. Great features & no problems at 20K miles. Very solid vehicle and fun to drive. Would like to have a real manual shift, but beats a straight automatic. I have front wheel drive so I get about 23 MPG with the 3.5 liter with loads of power. Love it...

Great Car
By Baer on 01/02/05 15:20 PM (PST)

2004 Hyundai Santa Fe LX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great Car! I don't usually like SUV's I'm more of a car person but I took this Santa Fe out for a test drive and it was great!! Very smooth. I have a family of 5, 3 boys (13,12,8) and they all fit no problem. Overall great car. Go with the heated seats their the best!

Santa Fe more than Okay
By KC on 12/30/04 17:57 PM (PST)

2004 Hyundai Santa Fe LX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent value for the money. Fun to drive, has excellent "eye appeal" and a fantastic warranty. The LX package with the 3.5L is worth the extra money.

BUY IT NOW!
By Radio Diva on 12/27/04 19:49 PM (PST)

2004 Hyundai Santa Fe LX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my new Santa Fe for about a month now. I had driven one several years back, I bought it for the warrenty and gas mileage. I had a Tahoe and that didn't cut it. I LOVE IT! Its fun, zippy, and you can't beat heated seats and a sunroof, 10 year 100K bumper to bumper all for $22K !!! I have had no problems.

Great SUV
By Bill C. on 12/23/04 10:55 AM (PST)

2004 Hyundai Santa Fe LX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Very satisfied with the Santa Fe. I was sold when I test drove it. Our 1st Suv and no complaints so far.

No surprise - Korean vehicle done well!!
By hockeysignor on 12/16/04 15:33 PM (PST)

2004 Hyundai Santa Fe LX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Now has over 5K miles. Still very tight (no squeaks/rattles). Still, very impressed with the build quality. I took a leap of faith and, so far, it has worn well. It drives/rides very smooth (especially w/passengers and at highway speeds). It has a full-size feel (more like a car than a truck, which makes sense since it's based on the car platform - Sonata). Getting around 20 mpg w/3.5L engine (75% highway). One thing I have noticed, the climate control compressor is always engaged (unless you completely shut off the whole system). This is why mileage is not better. Maybe would add another 15% mpg (might be significant for some). All in all, if resale holds (which it has, so far), a very good value.

The Hyundai Santa Fe thinks it's a Lexus
By Helicopper on 10/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Santa Fe LX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We've traditionally owned Toyota's (10) and loved them, but a test drive in the Santa Fe sold us. We're so impressed with the quality of the construction, fit and finish of the vehicle. We love the 'bank vault door' feel when closing a door, the well-thought-out design of the dash and other controls that puts everything within easy reach, the quality materials used for the interior and exterior, the great sound of the Monsoon in-dash CD changer and speakers, the well-placed and spacious storage areas, the beautifully done leather seating, the smooth yet powerful engine and transmission and the secure, quiet ride and precise handling. Even love the cute first aid kit! I could go on forever.

Great vehicle
By Janet Kresge on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Santa Fe LX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

First SUV and love it. Two babies to haul around and still lots of room left over. Affordable and gas mileage is great. My parent have owned Grand Marquis for the past 20 years, loved this car so much that they now own one and love it as much as I do.

Hyundai Santa Fe
By L. Cerow on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Santa Fe LX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Love it. I wish it had a compass, and better lighting in parts of the dash and door locks. Also, I am tall, but not that tall (5'9") and I could use a bit more head room and knee room. (My knees hit the steering column.) But, I got a great car for the money. Love the color and the looks. Great in snow. Handles well. More roomy inside than the other mid-size SUV's I looked at, and for less money. Love the leather seats and seat warmers.

1 2 3 4 5 next »