2004 Hyundai Santa Fe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:
Reliable, trouble free so far!
By madmaxooohhh on 02/04/13 13:05 PM (PST)

2004 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I just turned 95,000 miles on my 2004 Santa Fe. No problems so far except normal maintenance: windshield wiper blades every 2 years, tires every 4 years-usually worn out by then, change oil every 6 months or 6-7000 miles for conventional or 7-10000 miles on synthetic. I changed the transmission oil twice (drain and fill) at 40k miles, and again at 80k miles). Oh, I changed both front bulbs after one of the bulbs burned out at around 70k miles. Replaced front and rear brakes and rotors at 85k miles. I will do the timing belt sometime soon. No problems! Best car I have owned so far.

Best car I've ever had
By Bruce on 08/17/10 17:37 PM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

My six year old Santa Fe has 150,000 miles on it and it still has the original BF Goodrich tires on it, original front brakes. I replaced the rear pads and rotors in March 2010. I have always used synthetic oil and have had no problems with the engine at all. Average 22 MPG. I have had two problems. I have replaced the headlight and fog light bulbs four or five times, and the car has developed a short in the electronic odometer. Otherwise, I have had no problems with this car and have spent next to nothing on it.

Tried and true friend!
By Lisa on 05/17/09 19:44 PM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned my car four years, 25,000 miles. It has always been reliable, never one problem. I was in an accident two years ago and had the front-end rebuilt. I anticipated problems, and still nothing! I traded cars for a day recently, and I really missed my sweet little Santa Fe! I do mostly city driving, but did take a road trip (10 hours each way) to the desert. She was a stellar off-road performer.

Lived to tell about it!!!
By Jana on 10/09/08 11:17 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Recently my daughter and I were in an accident with my 2004 Santa Fe which I was the driver my daughter the passenger. 3 vehicles were involved all of which were totaled off. The driver of the vehicle which hit us lost control and landed on my Santa Fe and rolled off, literally tearing open the drivers side and pushing us into another vehicle which stopped us from rolling into traffic.The accident reconstruction police team visited us at the hospital at which time they told us that had we been in any other vehicle the chances of the accident being fatal would have been much higher as the Santa Fe is designed to crumble around us in an accident and has the best accident ratings.Thank you Hyundai!

04 Santa Fe review
By Cyril on 12/01/07 17:02 PM (PST)

2004 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

The most practical vehicle I ever owned. The first vehicle I had that didn't burn any oil. The 3.5L engine performance is great. Rides like a luxury car. Problems so far have been minor. Has lots of neat storage compartments. A nerds dream.

Loved my Santa Fe
By nitlion on 09/02/07 14:49 PM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

From the time of purchase, until I traded my Santa Fe in on a new vehicle, I loved this car. Car was great, dealer wasn't.

Balancing
By EDWARD on 09/24/06 16:41 PM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

My car drifts to the right when I let go the steering wheel

Solid & Reliable
By Greg on 09/21/06 12:55 PM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Pricing and warranty blew away everything in it's class. I was impressed by the low cost 10year/100,000 mile optional warranty I purchased because it was proof that Hyundai was standing behind their product. I've never seen this degree of confidence by any other manufacturer. This vehicle is NOT a "toy mini SUV"; it's built very solid, has excellent handling, and still runs as good as it did when I drove it off the lot. After almost 3 years and 40K miles I've had zero problems. I rarely take it offroad, but when I do it has excellent clearance and suspension that handle anything you will find on a gravel road. Speed bumps ? Hah! This thing mows 'em down like they weren't even there.

My Santa Fe
By Monica K. on 02/05/06 13:20 PM (PST)

2004 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is one of the most reliable vehicles I have owned. I was in a horrible crash (T-bonedI was doing 40 she was 20, I did not flip), and the other vehicle was totaled (front end torn off) my Santa Fe looked remarkable. A blown tire, dented (inside) door, and the axle. Other then that, I have replaced a few fuses. That's it. I love driving it. Quick pick up, handles great around sharp corners, looks sharp on the outside, inside features easy to reach, comfortability OK.

Very Happy
By paulakeeling on 01/12/06 08:45 AM (PST)

2004 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I will buy with hyundai again. I have been very happy with my purchase.