2002 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Review: Bulletproof! - Eulogy to an Ol

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe - Consumer Review

GLS 4dr SUV (2.7L V6 AWD 4-speed Automatic)

Bulletproof! - Eulogy to an Old Friend
By lindabinca on

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Just sold my '02 GLS V6 Santa FeAWD a few days ago.(Feb 2012). I was 2nd owner. It was HANDS DOWN the best car I've ever owned, When I sold it it had 246K!! miles on it, and get this - not a SINGLE rattle or loose panel, etc. inside. Completely amazing.Unheard of for me who had always owned Ford's. YES I had to repair the engine, tran. etc along the way...but what a trooper! I hesitated before buying it-semed too utilitarian - grew over the years to totally respect its design integrity and heartiness. Went shopping for another-an '07 90k yesterday to replace it-what a DISAPPOINTMENT, SO cheaply made. Might just have to scout around out there for a low miles'02 again.What happened Hyundai?

Bulletproof 'leather' interior-didn't even realize it was leather until short time ago- very durable, thought it was firm vinyl. RELIABLE - Hearty and durable - 246K miles!!! and still going strong when I sold it. responsive AWD. Excellent visibility. Incredibly well constructed interior.

better exterior paint quality. easier back seat fold down and back seat seatbelts not getting lost in seat. Better sound system! - was always weak.