2002 Hyundai Santa Fe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:
Santa Fe regrets...
By garbal on 07/17/05 16:53 PM (PDT)

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe 2WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Until recently I loved the Santa Fe, great gas mileage, great looking, good performance... until last year... things started failing, the axles broke... yes broke, within the axle boot, something let go, vehicle wouldn't move. 1 month later, the wheel bearing went, most recently the engine failed... everything within the engine, there wasn't much left of the engine, the service guy said it "grenaded". This left us stranded in the middle of nowhere without a warning. No strange noises, no tell tale warning signs of impending failure... nothing. Shut it off normally then went out to start it and nothing... this thing was seized up, the engine would not turn at all... Now it sits in the shop..

Best vehicle we have ever had
By L. Watson on 06/29/05 15:47 PM (PDT)

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe LX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Vehicle is attractive, comfortable, and drives like a dream. We are senior citizens and need the realiability. Easy to enter and exit for tall or large people. Came with all the extras of the higher priced SUV's. The warranty made the deal perfect for us.

Great features with a small price
By Larry on 06/27/05 20:15 PM (PDT)

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

It really hugs the road. The aircon is great for those that like it very cold. The full size spare tire is great. The stock CD/tape/radio sounds great for a factory unit. The leather seats are comfortable.

Great Car!!!!!!!!!
By Boo on 06/11/05 23:46 PM (PDT)

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 2WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

To ease the fear of new Hyundai owners, I've had my SF for 3 years now and have put on a staggering 126,000 miles. The only problem I have had was a flat tire, and the replacement of a ball joint(minor problem) thats it! Great car, and value!

IF this one ever dies, I'll buy another!
By LuvMySantaFe on 06/07/05 14:27 PM (PDT)

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe 2WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Dollar per mile, this is the best car I have ever owned. With over 85,000 on it already, it's just breaking in. I don't think this vehicle will ever die. VERY upstanding company to deal with. Due to a misrepresentation in MPG, I got a bump on the warranty to 120,000 and $275 in dealer cash from a class action law suit! Try to get that from any other car company! If you're not into status symbols, keeping up with the Jone's, or horsepower, then you'll be among the intelligent, frugal, money conscience crowd. As long as Hyundai keeps up the quality and warranty levels, I will never buy anything else.

Hyundai
By mkrentzin on 05/10/05 21:28 PM (PDT)

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 2WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Engine light kept coming on. Returned to dealer 6 times. Dealer kept saying they found the problem. Within two weeks engine light came on again. Once would not start at all. Then the oil light started to come on and finally it started to heat up. All this with 22000 miles. Finally the dealer admitted they could not repair the car and they had problems with the four - cylindar engine.

Three years old and still like new
By Steven J on 04/14/05 10:22 AM (PDT)

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 2WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

My 2002 Santa Fe just turned 3 years old and it still runs like the day I got it. Never a second of trouble. This SUV has the quality, power, ride, roominess, and style to equal its more expensive competitors. Most important, it's extremely reliable.

still happy
By daniel on 03/27/05 03:11 AM (PST)

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 2WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I'm still happy with my Santa Fe. After 45k miles all I've done is change the brakes and have it aligned. My only complaints are: it could use a little more pep when pulling out onto the freeway, and it could use a little more legroom. But neither have been a problem so far. If the next 45k miles are as good as the first, i will likely buy again.

2002 Santa Fe Review
By rebecca morehead on 03/10/05 14:19 PM (PST)

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 2WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have driven my Santa Fe since September 2002 and, without any hesitancy, purchase another Santa Fe. Its maneuverability in town traffic and over the road is outstanding. I'm been proud to recommend it to others.

Awesome Vehicle
By Gotta get one on 11/13/04 21:38 PM (PST)

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

We've had our Santa Fe for over 2 yrs now and have not had any problems with it. I feel very safe in this car. My husband takes it to work about 35 miles from home in the winter (and we live in one of the worst snow band areas) and this car handles wonderfully. We have the AWD and Traction Control features. Would definitely buy another.