2002 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Reviews 4

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:
Superb Quality
By Aggie91 on 12/05/06 10:45 AM (PST)

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe LX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This ugly thing has grown on me. It has been virtually maintenance free. The build quality is superb - I'm really impressed. Its resale value is far underappeciated for the reliability and quality. I will buy more Hyundai products.

santa fe
By santa fe on 11/11/06 10:27 AM (PST)

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 2WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I am extremely happy with my santa fe I have 70000 miles on it at this time and average atleast 20 mpg. The only thing is the check engine light comes on and off, At this time it has been on for about a month,with no adverse effects.

Hyundai
By Nancy Marsh on 09/18/06 09:17 AM (PDT)

we love to take long trips in my Hyundai Santa Fa

Our Sante Fe
By Gloria on 09/07/06 10:32 AM (PDT)

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love this vehicle. It's dependable, has great seating space and carrying space. We travel back and forth to our daughter's home 2 states away often. Our city miles are about 2/3 of our annual mileage. The car is dependable. We never worry about it. Our dealership is very good about service. Since we bought our Sante Fe, several of our family members and friends have purchased one also. We would recommend one to anybody.

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe LX 4WD V6
By E Dawes on 09/02/06 10:24 AM (PDT)

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This has been a very satisfactory car for me. The features are excellent for the price. It is a bit underpowered for the weight of the vehicle, but Hyundai has corrected that in newer models. The only failure in 5 years has been the interior clock for which a replacement doesn't seem to be available. I am considering purchasing another Santa Fe when I replace my present car.

I love my Santa Fe!
By Donna on 08/10/06 15:30 PM (PDT)

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe LX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle brand new, and from the day I picked it up to this day, it has served me well. I recently had a 60,000 mile check-up, and although it was expensive, I had great feedback from the mechanic who did the work. I have never broken down anywhere, nor have I ever been afraid to take my car on trips. I feel safe in my car, especially being above most other vehicles. I recently replaced my brakes and tires after 60000 miles. Can you imagine that? Brakes that stop and tires that keep on running! When the day comes to retire this wonderful car, you can bet that I will turn right around and replace it with another Santa Fe. I love my Santa Fe! Donna in Sacramento

A Dream Vehicle
By WhidbeyIslander on 07/21/06 22:39 PM (PDT)

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Our Santa Fe is, without doubt, the best vehicle we have ever owned. Until recently, when a dragging brake manifested itself, there was not so much as a rattle in the car. The Santa Fe's handling is outstanding though the car is a bit underpowered. Service has been beyond excellent at Bellingham Hyundai. The longer we have the car, the more we like it. Fit and finish is superb. About the only improvement which Hyundai could make would be to increase the gas mileage.

will miss ya baby
By macbratt68 on 06/26/06 12:15 PM (PDT)

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I will be trading in my 02 Santa fe to purchase a 06 Honda Element. This car has been so great I actually feel bad about trading it in. I had planned on driving it into the ground but decided to trade it in before it lost all value. Had a few bumps in begining with dealership- they never lubed on front wheel/brake and it wore out instantly. Dealer always fought over what was covered under warranty.After the first year things were great. So much room my friends were envious. At least they would have been if it didn't say HYUNDAI on the back. Can't shake that 'cheap' stigma even though its a 22k car. Not sure I would ever buy another.

A piece of garbage !
By Phil533 on 05/03/06 21:34 PM (PDT)

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Save your money. I've had this car for less than 4 years and I've had the following problems : 1) Cruise control unit replaced. 2) Sunroof leaked 3 times. 3) Power steering pump replaced 4) Fuel sending unit replaced. 5) radio replaced. 6) Rear sway bar bushings replaced. 7) ABS pump replaced 8) Leaking transaxle This piece of junk has lousy resale value, has been in the shop more than its been on the road and the cost of preventative maintance is unbelievable. $500 for spark plugs ???? I have spent a fortune taking care of this car and it is the most unreliable vehicle I have ever owned.

Good Choice
By Santa Fe on 03/28/06 15:57 PM (PST)

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 2WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

For the cost, the Hyundai is a great car. It runs like a car rather than a truck. It handles well, and is very reliable. I am about to trade in for a 2006 model.