2002 Hyundai Santa Fe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:
2002 Santa Fe LX 4WD Pewter
By lpjxk0 on 03/02/02 20:52 PM (PST)

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

The vehicle drives like a luxury car, quiet, smooth & responsive. It is a heavy vehicle and I am averaging 20 mpg combined city/highway. The workmanship is top notch,and it looks great. I notice many people looking at the vehicle when my wife and I go to the mall.

This SUV cannot be beat
By schmoejoe on 02/27/02 08:11 AM (PST)

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe LX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

After about 1,500 miles I can honestly say that I have never purchased a better vehicle than the 2002 Santa Fe LX FWD. This car has every luxury amenity you could ask for and I cost me less than $22,000. The handling and peformance is terrific and after driving a 1999 Honda CRV for 3 years, it feels like I have really moved up in class. As one editor stated in the mini-SUV competition, if you like the way it looks(and I love it), don't even bother test driving the others.

great suv
By courago on 02/26/02 22:47 PM (PST)

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe LX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

i have looked and looked and have read and read and asked and asked and test drove and test drove all the others and chose the santa fe as the best suv all around and really really tried to understand why everybody said toyota rav4 no way jose santa fe beats it everywere

Driving IS believing...really it is.
By paulc1994 on 02/26/02 13:34 PM (PST)

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 2WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've been impressed. Being a long time Honda/Toyota buyer, I was somewhat skeptical about Hyundai. But what really drew me to the Santa Fe was it's unique and bold styling..so I got one last fall. It's been an impressive experience for me ever since. Hyundai's advertising claim, "Driving is Believing"...is reality. Once you drive one (especially the FWD version - sportier)...you'll want to get one.

New Sante Fe Owned as of 3/2/02
By BCav on 02/26/02 12:52 PM (PST)

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe LX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I will send further info when I have about 2 weeks of constant driving under my belt. I would like to thank everyone's input on this car as it helped with my final decision in buying it. There is NO SUV on the market for the money and feel like the Sante Fe!!

Unbelievable Value
By joeschmoe on 02/26/02 11:45 AM (PST)

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe LX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

After researching the customer comments on the Santa Fe, I test drove a loaded LX even though the lease on my 1999 Honda CRV still had 6 months to go; I could not resist this SUV after the test drive and paid off the lease on the Honda just to get it. It's ride, comfort, and amenities makes it feel like it is in another class when compared to the CRV and trust me; I drove the CRV for 2.5 years.

Yes Hyundai does build a quality Vehicle
By dantheman on 02/04/02 15:42 PM (PST)

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love this truck...If you are looking for a car like ride with the height of a truck, this vehicle is for you. The interior is roomy & comfortable. Compared this truck to the Ford Escape & Mazda Tribute....Drive all three, & you will buy the Hyundai like I did.