Used 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:

SantaFe Review
By CharlieB

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Very pleased with both the LX AWD and the dealer to date. I have 10,000 miles logged in 4 months. Fuel comsumption as advertised, about 20-21 MPG mixed driving. Had minor problem with dealer installed trailer wiring that was corrected. It's tough to pass on the warranty that is now been extended to 120,000 miles on the power train on some vehicles. So far, nor complaints.

Interior trim and space, lots of storage. LX trim package has virtually no options other that the trailer package that I added. Competative pricing!!

Built in radio antenna a little weak in fringe areas.

Love My Santa Fe
By Leslie

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 2WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my Santa Fe for 3 weeks and am still in love with her. It has easy access to air conditioning and radio controls and the ability to shift manually. The Santa Fe has beautiful lines and styling and has a very smooth ride. I tried the Honda CRV and the Toyato Rav and they didn't hold a candle to the Santa Fe in terms of looks, standard features, roominess and price. The 5 year/60,000 mile warrenty was a great added feature. Beats them all.

Ability to manually shift. Heated outside mirrors. Storage compartments in rear. FULL SIZE SPARE TIRE!!!!!

Would prefer that all the doors didn't unlock when the drive exits the car - security issue. Would also like the doors to automatically lock when the car starts in motion - another security issue. Audio should be upgraded All minor issues.

very satisfied
By john smith

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe LX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

What's all this talk about not enough power?? Compared to most of the rest of the world we Americans are sooo spoiled. In most other places this vehicle would be considered very peppy. It is certainly adequate for me. Only complaint is not enough room for long legged drivers. Live long and prosper!

tushy heaters.

allow front seat to move one notch further back.

Love My Santa Fe
By leslie

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 2WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

GREAT car for the price
By Tony in Northeast PA

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe 2WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've only owned Honda cars in the past, but I decided to take a chance on the "new and improved" Hydundai back by the great warrantly. I'm glad I did. This is a great car, especially for the price. Lots of room for the family, lots of features. I had to take it back to have some chipped paint fixed and Hyundai fixed it right away for free. If the car continues to run well and the warranty is as good as it sounds, I may be a convert from Honda to Hyundai!

The price and the warranty can't be beat. You can't go wrong and the warranty makes it an easy decision to "take a chance." The car is roomy and loaded with features.

Less confusing controls for the front and rear wipers.