Used 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:

love my car
By shawna

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe 2WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Santa Fe, but it has had a few problems I have had to replace the battery on it 4 times the brakes 2 times the timing chain, and pvc valves and 3 gas caps, and tires 2 times. I'm going to have to have it fixed again as the check engine light is back on and wont go off. Safety though in this car is wonderful I have been in 2 big accidents in it and no one in my car was hurt.

fix the gas cap issues. I also agree that the driver seat needs to go back further. And the back seats need to lay flat with out having to take the head rest off.

Santa Fe regrets...
By garbal

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe 2WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Until recently I loved the Santa Fe, great gas mileage, great looking, good performance... until last year... things started failing, the axles broke... yes broke, within the axle boot, something let go, vehicle wouldn't move. 1 month later, the wheel bearing went, most recently the engine failed... everything within the engine, there wasn't much left of the engine, the service guy said it "grenaded". This left us stranded in the middle of nowhere without a warning. No strange noises, no tell tale warning signs of impending failure... nothing. Shut it off normally then went out to start it and nothing... this thing was seized up, the engine would not turn at all... Now it sits in the shop..

IF this one ever dies, I'll buy another!
By LuvMySantaFe

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe 2WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Dollar per mile, this is the best car I have ever owned. With over 85,000 on it already, it's just breaking in. I don't think this vehicle will ever die. VERY upstanding company to deal with. Due to a misrepresentation in MPG, I got a bump on the warranty to 120,000 and $275 in dealer cash from a class action law suit! Try to get that from any other car company! If you're not into status symbols, keeping up with the Jone's, or horsepower, then you'll be among the intelligent, frugal, money conscience crowd. As long as Hyundai keeps up the quality and warranty levels, I will never buy anything else.

I like the versitility of the cargo space with the fold down seats. Also liked the little extras like the cargo net, first aid kit and power everything. Lots of little storage spots.

Pick-up isn't great with the AC on, especially uphill, but I've owned worse. It can get out of it's own way on the highway, and that's what counts for me. Better speakers would be nice too - I upgraded mine. MPG would also be a nice improvement. Radio with both CD AND Tape Player.

A Great Value - a Great Vehicle
By Golfadk77

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe 2WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I can't see why one would buy any other mid size SUV. With the tremendous warranty, its a great deal on a good car. The only downside was that we got one with a four which is does not give adequate pick up power, especially when the Air is on.

Great looking, well designed and just the standard features alone would be an excellent vehicle.

Provide more horsepower with the four cylinder.

hYUNDAI SANTE FE
By adAHER

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe 2WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I LOVE MY SANTE FE, EVERYONE SHOULD OWN ONE.

MY FAVORITE FEATURE IS THE CURVY EXTERIOR