2002 Hyundai Santa Fe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:
love my car
By shawna on 09/16/08 07:24 AM (PDT)

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe 2WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Santa Fe, but it has had a few problems I have had to replace the battery on it 4 times the brakes 2 times the timing chain, and pvc valves and 3 gas caps, and tires 2 times. I'm going to have to have it fixed again as the check engine light is back on and wont go off. Safety though in this car is wonderful I have been in 2 big accidents in it and no one in my car was hurt.

Santa Fe regrets...
By garbal on 07/17/05 16:53 PM (PDT)

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe 2WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Until recently I loved the Santa Fe, great gas mileage, great looking, good performance... until last year... things started failing, the axles broke... yes broke, within the axle boot, something let go, vehicle wouldn't move. 1 month later, the wheel bearing went, most recently the engine failed... everything within the engine, there wasn't much left of the engine, the service guy said it "grenaded". This left us stranded in the middle of nowhere without a warning. No strange noises, no tell tale warning signs of impending failure... nothing. Shut it off normally then went out to start it and nothing... this thing was seized up, the engine would not turn at all... Now it sits in the shop..

IF this one ever dies, I'll buy another!
By LuvMySantaFe on 06/07/05 14:27 PM (PDT)

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe 2WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Dollar per mile, this is the best car I have ever owned. With over 85,000 on it already, it's just breaking in. I don't think this vehicle will ever die. VERY upstanding company to deal with. Due to a misrepresentation in MPG, I got a bump on the warranty to 120,000 and $275 in dealer cash from a class action law suit! Try to get that from any other car company! If you're not into status symbols, keeping up with the Jone's, or horsepower, then you'll be among the intelligent, frugal, money conscience crowd. As long as Hyundai keeps up the quality and warranty levels, I will never buy anything else.

A Great Value - a Great Vehicle
By Golfadk77 on 08/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe 2WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I can't see why one would buy any other mid size SUV. With the tremendous warranty, its a great deal on a good car. The only downside was that we got one with a four which is does not give adequate pick up power, especially when the Air is on.

hYUNDAI SANTE FE
By adAHER on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe 2WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I LOVE MY SANTE FE, EVERYONE SHOULD OWN ONE.

Santa Fe
By G.L. on 03/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe 2WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Car is good-looking inside and out; friends look twice, then express surprise that it's a Hyundai. It's highly reliable. In two years, only trouble has been a failed battery. Maintenance is inexpensive.

Lovein' My SantaFe
By SantaFeMan on 01/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe 2WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love everything about my 4 cylinder SUV!! I have recommended the vehicle to 3 other friends and they all have bought them as well!!!

Love my Santa Fe!
By RodanM on 11/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe 2WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

On the first tuneup to my mechanic. He said usually he can look at a new vehicle and pick out items that he predicts will fail or break. He said he can't find anything like that on my Santa Fe. I drive a lot and am very happy with my purchase.

I'm Hooked!
By Network Guy on 10/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe 2WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Being in the market for an SUV for a long time, I looked around and test drove quite a bit. For the money and standard features the Santa Fe is unbeatable. Better comfort and roominess than it's competitors and I think a much better looking vehicle inside and out. Unless you are willing to spend another 10 to 15 thousand dollars, this is the truck for you. This is my second Hyundai purchase (bought my wife a 2002 Elantra GT) in less than a year, love 'em both!

GREAT car for the price
By Tony in Northeast PA on 10/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe 2WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've only owned Honda cars in the past, but I decided to take a chance on the "new and improved" Hydundai back by the great warrantly. I'm glad I did. This is a great car, especially for the price. Lots of room for the family, lots of features. I had to take it back to have some chipped paint fixed and Hyundai fixed it right away for free. If the car continues to run well and the warranty is as good as it sounds, I may be a convert from Honda to Hyundai!