Used 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Reviews - 251 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:

Her name was Sandy
By Bill K

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

We owned our Santa Fe for 6yrs. Bought in 2010 for $6000. Had 104,000 miles on it. Sold it May 2016 for $4000, and had 140,000 on it. The only things we replaced on it were the brakes, tires, and ignition switch. Loved plowing through the Wisconsin winters. She was getting a little sluggish before we sold it, but was one of the best vehicles we ever owned. Back in 2013 we bought a 2007 Santa Fe and sold it a year later. We thought it would be like our 02 but couldn't hold a candle to it. Recently purchased a 2012 Chevy Captiva. Hope we have the same luck as we did with Sandy.

reliable
By T Bagn

Love
By Vanessa Carpenter

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Hyundai Santa Fe I have had it for about 5 months so far and never have had a problem. I hesitated when buying because I didn't know much about them but I can say I am very glad I choose it. I know all cars have there ups and downs and there are good ones and bad ones. I have to say I got luck I purchased my 2002 with 123,000 miles on it and she has ran perfect for me. One thing I would like to give this car props on is the four wheel drive I go any where in the snow I live in Ohio.

Heated seats, four wheel drive, size, all of it

Only thing I would suggest is the issue with the fuel cap. If it goes bad or you don't put it on right your engine light will come on. $5 fix for a new cap so nothing to panic about.

Nice car way to many problems
By bk79

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

My first car. Wish it had more power and zip. Live the way it handles. Love the way it looks. When it is actually working I love the car but at 100k miles it all went down hill had to replace power steering pump, fuel injectors both front axles and both front abs speed sensors, rest carrier bearing, the transfer case and the transmission. Between the fuel injectors and the transfer case and transmission all going out with in the last year and a half it was a between $6,000 and $7,000 and the ac broke twice. Would not but another one or recommend the first generation Santa Fe to anyone who doesn't have deep pockets to keep it on the road. All that being said I am sad that I have to get rid of

Liked the car if I had the money to keep fixing it I would keep the car.

More power and a tree designed transfer case. Better abs system.

Poor Workmanship
By thand

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 2WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I was thrilled with my Hyundai until the clear coat started peeling off the hatch door and the drivers side mirror as well as rusting on the drivers side mirror. The wiper arms are rusting as well and I have just over 60,000 miles on my car. To me this is lousy workmanship. most of the time my car was parked in a garage at work so was only in the elements for limited amount of time. I have never owned a car in which the clear coat peeled. My daughter who also has a Hyundai is having the same problem. I did some research and found out that even some of the 2012 models had the same problem. This is why I would never buy another Hyundai product.

Power windows.

The power package should come with power seats as well. Fix the paint issue with your cars.