2001 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Reviews 8

2001 Hyundai Santa Fe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:
Santa Fe is a dream machine
By krcooper on 07/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Hyundai Santa Fe LX 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned my Santa Fe for 19 months now and can't imagine a better SUV for the price. It's got everything I need: long warrantee, good gas mileage, great looks, lots of space, a smooth ride, plenty of power, and generally a feeling of satisfaction no other car has given me so far. Just seeing another Santa Fe on the road makes me think "there goes another happy motorist", while everyone else misses out on our little secret. Oops - I may have just let the cat out of the bag! Oh well, I can't keep such a good thing secret forever. GO GET YOUR OWN AND FIND OUT!

Unexpected perfection
By J4k3 on 06/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 2WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Best balance of performance, quality and value. Previous SUV was a '92 Explorer XLT (great vehicle, still own it, just getting too old to be a daily driver) and the Santa Fe has performed as well as the Explorer did at the same tasks with additional comfort and economy - for less money!

1+ Year Report
By RBENTRIDER on 05/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Hyundai Santa Fe LX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the Santa Fe about 15 months ago for my wife. We considered just about everything including the Lexus RX300 and decided this was the best value. So far we haven't been disappointed. In 18,000 miles there has been only one mechanical failure and that was a crankshaft sensor. Two weeks later Hyundai issued a recall on crankshft sensors so it must be a common problem.

Pleasure to drive
By Jerry Caporaso on 05/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Very smooth comfortable ride. Distinctive styling. Very thoughtful design from the cup holders to the sunglass case. Great warrenty with freindly service department.

Quality check needed
By kona on 04/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Hyundai Santa Fe LX 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

In less than a year a console latch has broken, one heated seat does not work, and a lettering fell off the outside of the vehicle. Warranty, has though, covered it.

Superb Car
By Valclar on 03/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Hyundai Santa Fe LX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Best investment I ever made. The car handles excellent. Very roomy inside. Plenty of storage space. Drives very fast, although slightly slower on pick-up, but I am not a race driver. This is the car to have. You will love it.

Sante Fe is Excellent
By silo11 on 03/18/02 14:32 PM (PST)

2001 Hyundai Santa Fe GL 2WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We absolutely love our Sante Fe. We have had it over 6 mos. now and have had absolutely no problems with it and we still have people asking where did we get our car cause it is so cool looking. Its reliable, quiet, and probably the most underestimated SUV on the market.

BEST SUV
By RASCAL on 03/14/02 22:57 PM (PST)

2001 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST SUV'S ON THE MARKET. IT HAS ONE OF THE HIGHEST GROUND CLEARANCE. THE ONLY THING THAT IS HIGHER IS A FORD EXPEDITION AND ONLY BY .5 INCHES. THIS IS ONE FUN SUV TO DRIVE.

Hobbzilla's Santa Fe
By hobbzilla on 03/06/02 00:28 AM (PST)

2001 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 2WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Wanted it 10sec after first test drive. Payments are resonable but local dealership wouldn't work with me so I drove 200 miles to another dealership. Wasn't upset.. I got to drive it all the way home!