2001 Hyundai Santa Fe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:
very pleased
By Marsha on 02/28/05 06:36 AM (PST)

2001 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle is the best I've owned in years, next to my 1972 Monte Carlo. Roomy and user friendly, I'd buy another one in a heartbeat.

I like it
By michel/Rockland on 08/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased for space and towing. I like it so much I will be purchasing an other in the near future. I purchased it 3 years ago.

Hyundai doesn't honor it's warranty
By theiowan on 08/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Hyundai Santa Fe LX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I just found out that Hyundai's "best warranty in America" is bogus. They claim a faulty power window is an "adjustment item". The fact is it is not functional because of faulty design.

Lots of miles = lots of repairs
By Wiser Next TIme on 05/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Hyundai Santa Fe GL 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

My Hyundai was great .. for the first 60K miles or so. After that, replaced the fuel injector (twice), spark plugs (twice), and wheel bearings (in 3 wheels - twice in the left front wheel.) I now have 88K miles and it is in the shop for the 3rd time in 3 months. They're just not made for high mileage. What's worse is that the dealership does not stock a lot of parts, so many times they keep the truck for several days. Also, watch out for the warranty. The front wheel bearings are covered, but the back ones aren't. In the DC area, it's a $400 repair. Also, had 6sensors go out. None were covered by the warranty (after the bumper-to-bumper ends).

too many problems
By mantza on 04/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Hyundai Santa Fe LX 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Since I purchased this car, I have had problems with the rotors and the lift gate latch. The rotors are constantly needing replacement. At first the lift gate would not open at all, and then it wouldn't lock. I wish that I hadn't been so hasty in my decision.

great machine
By Wayne2 on 03/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

Best auto I have owned in 35 years

rear end collison
By alan hanby on 01/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Hyundai Santa Fe LX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

it took impact fairly poorly. bumper and tailgate as well as interior plastic buckled tremendosly. air bags failed to deploy rear end coll speed was 35-45 mph. all that said i am looking to buy another santa fe by the way the tank was verywell protected.

it is OK suv
By Alex G on 11/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

well it is a suv after all and i am kind of a sedan person.... but it has never made me any problems at least big ones

excellent value
By suzannaski on 11/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Hyundai Santa Fe LX 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

The warrany is excellent, they've taken care of any problems (faulty sensor recall, corroded chrome handles, interior door panel) It is very reliable, and better in slippery weather than my husband's rwd/4wd truck. the downside is that there is a lot of highway noise, so if you're on the phone or listening to the radio, the volume needs to be turned way up.

I love my Santa Fe
By Wonderfulx on 08/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Hyundai Santa Fe LX 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is a wonderful, dependable, affordable vehicle. It's not real great on gas, but it looks good and I feel very safe. It's great if you have a child as you can put the child in the middle of the back seat and use the support hook in the back.