2001 Hyundai Santa Fe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:
Hyundai doesn't honor it's warranty
By theiowan on 08/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Hyundai Santa Fe LX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I just found out that Hyundai's "best warranty in America" is bogus. They claim a faulty power window is an "adjustment item". The fact is it is not functional because of faulty design.

great machine
By Wayne2 on 03/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

Best auto I have owned in 35 years

rear end collison
By alan hanby on 01/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Hyundai Santa Fe LX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

it took impact fairly poorly. bumper and tailgate as well as interior plastic buckled tremendosly. air bags failed to deploy rear end coll speed was 35-45 mph. all that said i am looking to buy another santa fe by the way the tank was verywell protected.

Simply awesome
By AllyCoug on 02/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Hyundai Santa Fe LX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Love this truck! It is stylish, reliable and peppy. I have had no problems with it during the 1 1/2 years I've owned it. Some recalls on parts but the dealership called me to inform me and repaired the truck in hours. Had a fender bender and wasn't taken for a bunch of money to replace damaged parts.

1+ Year Report
By RBENTRIDER on 05/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Hyundai Santa Fe LX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the Santa Fe about 15 months ago for my wife. We considered just about everything including the Lexus RX300 and decided this was the best value. So far we haven't been disappointed. In 18,000 miles there has been only one mechanical failure and that was a crankshaft sensor. Two weeks later Hyundai issued a recall on crankshft sensors so it must be a common problem.

Superb Car
By Valclar on 03/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Hyundai Santa Fe LX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Best investment I ever made. The car handles excellent. Very roomy inside. Plenty of storage space. Drives very fast, although slightly slower on pick-up, but I am not a race driver. This is the car to have. You will love it.