2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Sport SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe Sport model:

Sort Reviews by

A great cruiser
By Remi Guertin

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport SUV 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Traded a 2012 Kia Optima. I needed more room as we bought a mobile home in Florida. Our big cat comes with a big cage and my wife is a quilter... Great cruiser from Ontario to Florida, comfortable, very good seats, decent feedback from the steering, great fuel economy. Even fun to drive!There are 5 of them out of 25 houses on my street!Quite happy with it, except for metallic noise coming from engine

Favorite Features

Quiet, good seats, fuel economy,flexible vehicle

Suggested Improvements

Slapping noise on engine when cold, the dealer's staff says it is the Direct Injection System.We will see...

Awesome Crossover - Best in Class?
By boyhowdy

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport SUV 2.0T 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Purchased in September 2014. Now four months old, with 4,100 miles. I have had ZERO issues thus far. Fit and finish are exceptional. Using the "ECO" setting on the shifting, averaging 26 MPG city/hwy. 31-32 MPG Highway @ 65 MPH. Turbo is excellent; low end torque and power a pleasant surprise. Carries four adults VERY confortably. Quiet with no rattles and very little cabin noise at cruise speeds. Tight turning radius for a medium sized Crossover. I have the "Technical Package", with HID lights, rear camera, side mirror alerts, cruise, NAVI, premium sound, etc. IMHO, if you can dicker with the price this package is worth it. Seats are heated and cooled, and very comfortable. Just love it!

Favorite Features

Memory seating for two, side alerts on mirrors, technical package, 19" wheels. Excellent Continental tires on mine; selected FWD because don't really see a need for AWD. Excellent mileage for a Crossover with this much room. Love the 6 speed automatic. HUGE sunroof. Build quality excellent. Great warranty! Heated/cooled seats are super! Drives like a much smaller vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Lumbar support for front passenger. That's about it!

Enjoying my new car
By nrc2

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I traded in a 2008 Santa Fe 2.7L V6, this 4cyl 2.4L has just as much pick up to merge into traffic. I was getting 23mpg in the summer and 20 in the winter ( NY), currently getting 26.6mpg. People need to realize your fuel economy also depends on how you drive. Slowing down increases economy, drive at 65mph or less! Nice interior, lots of space and storage. Good sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Hyundai needs to add the Blind Spot Detection system into the popular package, which includes the rear view camera. It currently is in a package that costs over $3000. Only complaints so far. This is a safety issue, as the view out the back is smaller than the 2008 version. The rear head rests block my view of cars behind me which inhibits my view of them approaching.

My second Santa Fe (sport)
By pkgerman1

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I traded in a 2011 Santa Fe (not designated as Sport, but essentially the same thing) for a 2014. I had really enjoyed my 2011 and was frankly sad to see it go. However, now that I have had my 2014 for several weeks, I am actually even happier with my vehicle. Pretty much everything about is top-notch and I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone. The new styling is great, the interior controls are easy to use and comprehend, the Bluetooth interface is the best out there of any vehicle I know, and it is very fun to drive. Two quibbles: gas mileage is average and the four cylinder is not the peppiest; however, these did not affect my rating or decision.

Favorite Features

The interior cabin is very nice. The 2011 Santa Fe had one of the least cluttered and easiest to use set of controls going. I was concerned the 2014 would junk things up. While there are more features, they are still intuitive and easy to use. The Bluetooth interface rivals anything out there by any manufacturer. I love the BT audio feature working with my iPhone.

Suggested Improvements

It would be nice if gas mileage were better, but not a deal breaker.

Not worth it
By gina2bit

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport SUV 2.0T 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is my 3rd Hyundai, and my last. I just leased the Santa Fe Sport 2.0T /navigation package. The residual is $20200 in three years. Me and anyone who leased this will be lucky to get this. I'm only getting 17/mpg at best in the city (Pittsburgh Pa. ) Bluetooth doesn't work with my phone, my phone won't connect. It connects in my 2013 Toyota Camry and did in my older Tucson, but not this Santa Fe. I'm not sure what kind of leather the seats are but I'm very hot in this current summer. Might be good in the winter. Oil change for the turbo is every 3K miles. I wish I would have went with the Jeep,Subaru, or Toyota now. They where higher in the lease and didn't want to deal.

Favorite Features

The power of the turbo is good.

Suggested Improvements

better gas mileage, better interior leather. Radio/ media center got to improve. Car still not as good as a ride compared to the Jeep Latitude. Not very nimble as compared to the Jeep or Subaru.

Best 5 passenger crossover we found
By bill317

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport SUV 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We were looking for a replacement for our SUV, but we didn't need the 3rd row seating. We also wanted something a little smaller, but no smaller than our other vehicle (a CRV). After we cross shopped the RAV4, Rogue, CRV, Escape, Murano, and Pilot we had decided on buying a CRV when we looked at the Santa Fe Sport and were sold after our test drive. It has more leg room and driver comfort than any of the other vehicles we considered. It is every bit as comfortable as our big SUV but is smaller, more economical, and has a better set of features. We have the premium and technology packages, and love the features. We never considered a Hyundai before but are very satisfied with it.

Favorite Features

Interior leg room and seat comfort. Touchscreen navigation system is easy to read, responsive and clear even in bright sunlight. Gas mileage has been around 25 mpg in mixed highway/city driving, but the car is still new so it might improve. The cooled seats are a great feature on a hot and humid day. The iPod/iPhone integration has worked flawlessly. The interior was best looking of any of the vehicles we considered.

Suggested Improvements

Adjustable pedals would facilitate more sizes of driver, as well as increasing the range of vertical motion for the power seats.

Great Car in comparison to an Audi Q5
By r0l1t0

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport SUV 2.0T 4dr SUV w/Saddle Interior (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is a great car for the money, love the roomy interior, the shape of it makes it look upscale. I traded my 2006 BMW X3 for it. looks better than the X3 and is more comfortable too. in comparison to vehicles of its kind like a Honda CRV, or a Toyota Rav4, it is way roomier than them. also in comparison to a much more upscale vehicle like the Audi Q5 seems like got a great bang for the buck. performance wise, installed a K&N filter and now it breathe much better and can hear the turbo spool. also installed running boards from Korean model ordered on ebay. Took a trip from Miami to Key West and gave me 35MPG, because the speeds there are 55 MPH

Favorite Features

Turbo, Gas mileage, quick, cheap maintenance in comparison to BMW/ Audi

Suggested Improvements

I purchased it when it came out top of the line minus the AWD, because i dont need it. But didn't come as equipped as the european models, with the sensors on the bumpers, or adaptive headlights or HID's. Even tho most of it is available aftermarket wish it would of came with it.

I love it!
By bill_45

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport SUV 2.0T 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have a Cabo Bronze 2.0T Sport with Tech package. It's the ultimate car. It has every gadget you can think of. Very handsome looking inside and out. Comfortable and quiet.

Favorite Features

Blind spot audible warning (if you hit the turn signal and there is someone in your blind spot you hear a loud beep) Blue-Link Nav display(s) (there is one between the tach and the speedometer too) Cooled Seats Storage compartments Sun roof Quiet comfortable ride Cabo Bronze color USB media reader Bluetooth Streaming (if you can listen to it on your phone, Pandora TuneIn, whatever, you can stream it to the car's audio system)

Suggested Improvements

Make more Cabo Bronze editions. Mine was very hard to find. I'm not sure what to make of the rubber cargo tray. It seems to get in the way of the underfloor storage compartments in the trunk.

My Black Boy SFS 2.0T
By hookedoncars2

Purchased two months ago with 1700 miles on it. It is a loaded up version, with tech package, leather, nav, 19" wheels, etc. Now has 4600 miles on it. This is a great SUV, with features comparible to others in its class costing thousands more. Doesn't get the name recognition of others, but I don't care. It rides comfortably and quiet. Gas mileage can be good if you don't drive it like a sports car. Recent road trip over 1100 miles (loaded up, AC running, 70 mph) averaged 27.5. City/suburban averaging 23.8 mpg on regular gas.

Favorite Features

Comfortable and quiet ride Nav Heated and cooled saddle leather seats MPGs (for an SUV) Blind spot monitoring Decent sound system Cargo capacity HIDs

Suggested Improvements

Separate control knob for entertainment system(touch screen only) Offer V6 option for SFS

flashy
By danielmkerr

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

the car has everything Iv ever wanted in a allwheel crossover! its my dream car!!

Favorite Features

all wheel drive, heated seats and backup cam...etc

Suggested Improvements

nothing!!!