2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe Sport model:
Best 5 passenger crossover we found
By bill317 on 06/29/14 06:11 AM (PDT)

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport SUV 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We were looking for a replacement for our SUV, but we didn't need the 3rd row seating. We also wanted something a little smaller, but no smaller than our other vehicle (a CRV). After we cross shopped the RAV4, Rogue, CRV, Escape, Murano, and Pilot we had decided on buying a CRV when we looked at the Santa Fe Sport and were sold after our test drive. It has more leg room and driver comfort than any of the other vehicles we considered. It is every bit as comfortable as our big SUV but is smaller, more economical, and has a better set of features. We have the premium and technology packages, and love the features. We never considered a Hyundai before but are very satisfied with it.

Great Car in comparison to an Audi Q5
By r0l1t0 on 06/13/14 04:42 AM (PDT)

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport SUV 2.0T 4dr SUV w/Saddle Interior (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is a great car for the money, love the roomy interior, the shape of it makes it look upscale. I traded my 2006 BMW X3 for it. looks better than the X3 and is more comfortable too. in comparison to vehicles of its kind like a Honda CRV, or a Toyota Rav4, it is way roomier than them. also in comparison to a much more upscale vehicle like the Audi Q5 seems like got a great bang for the buck. performance wise, installed a K&N filter and now it breathe much better and can hear the turbo spool. also installed running boards from Korean model ordered on ebay. Took a trip from Miami to Key West and gave me 35MPG, because the speeds there are 55 MPH

I love it!
By bill_45 on 06/01/14 08:11 AM (PDT)

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport SUV 2.0T 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have a Cabo Bronze 2.0T Sport with Tech package. It's the ultimate car. It has every gadget you can think of. Very handsome looking inside and out. Comfortable and quiet.

My Black Boy SFS 2.0T
By hookedoncars2 on 04/19/14 06:56 AM (PDT)

Purchased two months ago with 1700 miles on it. It is a loaded up version, with tech package, leather, nav, 19" wheels, etc. Now has 4600 miles on it. This is a great SUV, with features comparible to others in its class costing thousands more. Doesn't get the name recognition of others, but I don't care. It rides comfortably and quiet. Gas mileage can be good if you don't drive it like a sports car. Recent road trip over 1100 miles (loaded up, AC running, 70 mph) averaged 27.5. City/suburban averaging 23.8 mpg on regular gas.

flashy
By danielmkerr on 03/03/14 11:54 AM (PST)

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

the car has everything Iv ever wanted in a allwheel crossover! its my dream car!!

Fully loaded 2.0T is a great value.
By shaolin on 02/20/14 07:43 AM (PST)

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport SUV 2.0T 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We normally purchase luxury brands but I became really intrigued by the '14 SFS and all of its tech features. We decided to buy a fully loaded one and love it so far (2800 miles in). The amount of tech features is staggering. We also love the looks of the car (exterior and interior). Some friends are surprised we bought a Hyundai, but they change their tune when they see the car. The cargo space is also impressive for a 5-seater. I shopped around for many months but realized no other crossover could beat it in terms of looks, features, performance, and value. I realize Hyundai reliability isn't considered as strong as Honda or Toyota, but I am hoping it lasts a while.

Loving it!
By soybean311 on 02/12/14 11:06 AM (PST)

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I've had my 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.4L AWD for three weeks now and all I have to say is I'm very happy with it. We just had a snow storm over the weekend in Oregon and this vehicle drove effortlessly without the need for snow chains. The power is adequate, it's comfortable, quiet, and is sleek inside and out. Plenty of room for my kids and storage space. I'm averaging about 23 mpg in mixed driving situations which is comparable to the 2010 Hyundai Tucson my wife had (and it wasn't AWD equipped).

2014 FWD Santa Fe Sport Homerun
By jac2007 on 02/02/14 17:27 PM (PST)

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport SUV 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I took my time and test-drove many cars (Rouge, Murano, RAV4, CRV, CX9) and none came close to the comfort and style of the Santa Fe Sport. I love driving the car, it handles so well I can’t see why anyone else would by any other vehicle.

Up-date after 1600 mile trip
By dallasterrain on 12/29/13 16:47 PM (PST)

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport SUV 2.0T 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Just drove from Dallas to Knoxville and back. My turbo was a great cruiser. Very comfortable and quiet. Averaged 25 mpg overall for the trip cruising at about 80 most of the way with it set on ECO. Did a long stint between Memphis and Little Rock going between 70 and 75 and averaged about 27 mpg. They always say if you slow down you get better gas mileage! Not the best gas mileage but love everything else about the vehicle. My brother has a brand new Lexus RX350 and my Sport measures up very favorably to it. Almost the exact same size. The Sport's interior has a nicer layout. The Lexus has a 6 with about 8 more hp and got 22 mpg on their trip.

So far so good but little early
By huskyram on 12/25/13 13:15 PM (PST)

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport SUV 2.0T 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

So far it is very comfortable and smooth cross over. Only have 900 mikes on it. Certainly a great value. Opted for the tech package so there is no more options to add other than little things like, matts, towing package... Never owned an SUV before so took a little used to. Surprised it was missing rain sensor. There is little rattle in the center console at high way speeds on all but the news smooth portions of the highway and there are less and less of them?... The 3 year basic Blue Link (=On Star) was a pleasant surprise. Heard a couple of big 'clunks' and little jerking feeling heading up a hill (as if being bumped) but it has not happened since nor could I duplicate it.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Suv in VA is:

$128 per month*